The Focus Fusion Society Forums Story, Art, Song, Self Expression T-shirt designers unite and take over

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Lerner
    Participant

Great stuff, Gleenn. I like them all. The peace one is really good too, although maybe the waste one is a bit confusing.

Jolly Roger
    Participant

Charles Wilcox wrote:
    The only worry is that someone might confuse this action as a form of fission and not fusion. However, I think somewhere on the Focus-Fusion site it discusses how this is in fact fusion. And maybe this enigma would make people think about it more. Thoughts?

Check the FAQ’s. I asked the question about whether this reaction is fission or fusion. It turns out that it is both. It is fusion-fission. It is a fusion of a proton and Boron-11 into Carbon-12 that immediately fissions into Helium-4.

It has more in common with light-element fusion (of which most reactions are fusion-fission also) than it does with heavy-element fission. Calling it fusion is close enough for who it’s for.

In any case, it is aneutronic, which is the most important thing about it. No radioactive fuel, no radioactive waste, no bombs. What’s not to love?

FUSION! It’s closer than you think!

AaronB
    Participant

Looks great Glenn. I’ll take 5 mediums and 5 larges on a black cotton T-shirt! I want a yellow peace sign.

Rezwan
    Participant

This is fantastic! Only final edits I can think of:

1) make the (c) line: (c) 2006 Focus Fusion Society
    2) The Peace design looks amazing – and I think the larger size of the reaction is part of it. Can you make the reaction larger on the other ones? Not as much space, though.
    3) The nuclear waste one, try one in which you make the circle with red line darker. Maybe that will make it clearer that we mean NO nuclear waste.
    4) The image on the back is great and I love all the extra info. The only thing is that it doesn’t seem to match the design on the front. It’s too solid, or something. Maybe use something that evokes the eclipse of the sun, e.g., have a solid block like the eclipse, with some solar flares behind it like the radiating circle in front. Fusion is what the sun uses, after all.
    5) Probably not enough room for it, but how about “A Billion Years of Clean Energy” – add the word clean?

6)Oh, someone wants black T’s. Are the images set up for that? http://www.cafepress.com/cp/learn/blackshirts How would that look?

OK, other than that, I need to go set up a cafepress store, and you need to prep the images for upload. I’m sure you’re all over this: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/images.aspx

Too cool! You rock! I agree with you, yellow is my favorite of the Fusion T’s, but the Peace one is my overall favorite.

Jolly Roger
    Participant

Cheesy or not, I like the Peace symbol. People are familiar with it. Here, we are using something familiar to introduce something that is not.

I suggest changing the question mark to an exclamation mark! We are making an emphatic statement, not asking a question.

Same thing on the nuclear waste logo as well.

As someone already said, the red circle and crossbar need to be darker. It looks orange, not red.

Rezwan
    Participant

Jolly Roger wrote:
    I suggest changing the question mark to an exclamation mark! We are making an emphatic statement, not asking a question.

Hold the punctuation there. No ? or ! – I think it has most power as a categorical statement.

Rezwan
    Participant

No period, either.

:coolsmile:

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: 6)Oh, someone wants black T’s. Are the images set up for that? http://www.cafepress.com/cp/learn/blackshirts How would that look?

OK, other than that, I need to go set up a cafepress store, and you need to prep the images for upload. I’m sure you’re all over this: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/images.aspx

As for the black t-shirts… their printing process demands line-art (hard-edged graphics, like the current t-shirt back) with no transparent pixels. This is because the inks have to be opaque to make it work, unlike a white or lightly colored t-shirt. None of the current designs fit the criteria. We will have to create new designs for this.

Also, I have a CafePress store for another non-profit project I am involved in, so I know the drill. I can either email you zip files with the PNGs or you can email me the log-in info and I can upload them myself. I’ve got pretty fast broadband if you’d prefer me to do it, once the final art is ready.

Jolly Roger
    Participant

Glenn Millam wrote:
    As for the black t-shirts… their printing process demands line-art (hard-edged graphics, like the current t-shirt back) with no transparent pixels. This is because the inks have to be opaque to make it work, unlike a white or lightly colored t-shirt. None of the current designs fit the criteria. We will have to create new designs for this.

How about if we go with white lettering above and below a solid light green Peace symbol, with the nuclei and arrows on it? Will that work?

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Here is an example of what we would have to do to get the original t-shirt design to work on black cloth. Note that fuzzy edges to not work. All edges must be sharp. White or near white areas print as Opaque White.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

One other concern. As I played around with the original design to get it to work for the black t-shirt, I saw that the rhodamine-plasma color that worked so well got very muddy when I converted it to CMYK. Here is what it looks like. Not pretty.

As most print processes use CMYK, this may be the result if we use the original design. I believe they use an inkjet based process that may have a wider color gamut (HP uses a 6-color process, Epson uses an 8-color process), so itt may not be as bad as shown here. The only way to know is to make a shirt, order one, and see how it looks.

I am about to post the rest of the designs. All of these will have CMYK simulation applied.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Jolly Roger wrote:

How about if we go with white lettering above and below a solid light green Peace symbol, with the nuclei and arrows on it? Will that work?

That design would probably work well. You wouldn’t have any cool glow effect, but it would definitely be a peace symbol. Let me work on it.

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Here are the updated shirts. They are rendered in CMYK simulation.

This is the Orange-yellow design.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

The Blue design.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

The Red design.

Attached files

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.