The Focus Fusion Society Forums Story, Art, Song, Self Expression T-shirt designers unite and take over

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Millam
    Participant

Thinking about the last post, maybe that should be the theme of the “Peace” t-shirt.

Nuclear Power Without Nuclear Weapons?

(peace symbol with the reaction embedded in it)

It’s Closer Than You Think.

Rezwan
    Participant

Genius! That’s a fabulous tagline. Let’s see the Peace T-shirt!

The fusion T-shirt looks just about done! The only thing is about the line on the bottom. Seems redundant with focusfusion.org, and then (c) ff.org. Could we have (c) 2006 www. just once? Or would that look funny? Perhaps this is the standard way to do T-shirts (c) notice.

Maybe just the little copyright notice on the front, and the big url on the back of the T-shirt with the equation and “aneutronic fusion”. Speaking of which, is that the correct equation & best way to portray it? p + 11B –>3 4He +8.7 MeV ?

Final input, people, and then I simply have to open up our cafepress store.

Rezwan
    Participant

Also, could we have that in several different color flavors? The plasma burst can have any color. A whole rainbow. If it’s easy to change colors, give us a few. It’s a simple matter of uploading images on cafe-press. Then we’ll see which colors are most popular.

Also, if you’re inspired, it might be nice to have this designed for black T-shirts, so inverted colors?

My whole wardrobe is going to be fusion T’s : )

Charles Wilcox
    Participant

Some final thoughts:

1. Should the arrows of “H + B” going into the center also have the same “3D” effect that the Helium atoms get? I think they should for consistency.

2. Copyright notice shouldn’t be necessary. AFAIK, U.S. Copyright need not be printed on a work, as anything by default has copyright. It’s a common practice in some areas like books, but not in others. Looking at other “branded” clothing for other things I know of, like “Firefox”, “Slashdot”, “Digg-nation”, “Debian GNU/Linux”, etc., I never see the copyright printed on the clothing.

3. I want a button! It’s already a perfect shape. Or a bumper-sticker. I have to wear “respectable” button-down shirts and slacks at my workplace, and alternative forms of promotion would be great.

Any thoughts on the font & layout for the back of the shirt? Is this circular logo going to be small or large on the front?

Rezwan
    Participant

Should the arrows of “H + B” going into the center also have the same “3D” effect that the Helium atoms get? I think they should for consistency.

Yes, that would be nice. Also interesting if they looked like they were coming from the other end, THROUGH the hole in the center and out, except that means they would have to be behind the pink and it would be hard to see. Oh well.

Copyright notice shouldn’t be necessary. AFAIK, U.S. Copyright need not be printed on a work, as anything by default has copyright. It’s a common practice in some areas like books, but not in others. Looking at other “branded” clothing for other things I know of, like “Firefox”, “Slashdot”, “Digg-nation”, “Debian GNU/Linux”, etc., I never see the copyright printed on the clothing.

Yeah, but somehow I want the date up there.

I want a button! It’s already a perfect shape. Or a bumper-sticker. I have to wear “respectable” button-down shirts and slacks at my workplace, and alternative forms of promotion would be great. …Is this circular logo going to be small or large on the front?

Buttons, coffee mugs, tiles, bumper stickers, underwear – we can slap the image on anything at Cafepress. We can have it small on the front pocket, and big for the whole T-shirt. Once we get the image up, we can do multiple manifestations of it. Very convenient.

Any thoughts on the font & layout for the back of the shirt?

Same font as front for consistency, right? Keep it simple.

Rezwan
    Participant

Glenn Millam wrote:
    Nuclear Power Without Nuclear Weapons?
    (peace symbol with the reaction embedded in it)
    It’s Closer Than You Think.

Also, “Nuclear Power without Nuclear Waste: It’s closer than you think.”

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Here are the color variations. Lets start with my favorite, Orange-Yellow.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Green. (My least favorite. Vibrant greens don’t reproduce well in CMYK.)

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Red. Not too bad.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Blue, my second favorite. It doesn’t let us use our full palette, but why not have a choice?

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

And now the back for all versions. I added copy to show key features in plain english, for those not of a scientific bent.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

After we get this all set, we need some of our non-english speaking friends to translate this stuff in their favorite tongues so they can have cool shirts too.

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Here is the “Peace” t-shirt. I used the starburst from the previous design to create a “shining future” glow. The type is more conventional than the previous one, as there is more to read.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Here is the “Waste” shirt.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

So… how fast can we get this ball rolling? I say we do one more good round of edits and make some shirts.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.