The Focus Fusion Society Forums Story, Art, Song, Self Expression T-shirt designers unite and take over

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

Perhaps, on the front, don’t put the letters, e.g., you have the letter H and a little round ball that signifies H. Just have the balls on front, and the equation will be in the back. And keep the plus sign on the H + B11, because we don’t want two arrows leading from them to the intermediate stage, we only want the one arrow going straight down, hitting the intermediate stage, and 3 arrows flying off from that.

Rezwan
    Participant

OK, here is a crude sketch of what I tried to describe w/ all those words above. Don’t laugh at the art! This is just about rough placement. Back of the envelope. The big purple donut is just the stunt double for your spiffy radiating entity.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Alright. I like this one. Hope you all like this as well.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

I didn’t see your mockup with the type circling the outer edge of the burst. Do you want me to do one like that as well?

Rezwan
    Participant

Yes, try it. So it looks like everything is exploding out from the center.

Rezwan
    Participant

Oh, how about a date on it? Well, a copyright notice would have the date. The point is, this may be a historical T-shirt, it would be best to have the date on it somewhere.

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Here is one with the type at the edges, with no URL (since it is going on the back).

The URL is kinda important. Maybe we should put it on a line at the bottom?

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Grrr. Did it again…

Attached files

Lerner
    Participant

This is looking great! Rezwan has made a great discovery–the symbol for the the pB11 reaction looks like the peace symbol! Except pB11 has two things coming into the recation, not one. But maybe we can play around with this for a second graphic.

Charles Wilcox
    Participant

Wow, quite active here for two days. 😀

I think the circular design of the words around the plasma-focus emblem is awesome. Dropping the atomic symbols… I’m ambivalent about, but if the equation is elsewhere to be found, then it’s okay.

As for the peace symbol analogy, I think this could be seen as kindof cheezy if we make it too obvious… but I tend to like subtle things.

I have an idea on how to simplify the diagram a step, perhaps give it more meaning, and maintain the peace symbol. Instead of thinking of ‘H’ and ‘B’ combining together, you could think of ‘H’ flying into the ‘B’ nucleus. In effect, the Hydrogen would be splitting Boron into the Helium atoms and creating the energy. If we used this, all you would have is ‘H’ at the top, ‘B’ in the center, and the ‘He’ flying away.

I think this depiction would make the combination of hydrogen and boron a stronger, explicit action compared to what we currently have. The only worry is that someone might confuse this action as a form of fission and not fusion. However, I think somewhere on the Focus-Fusion site it discusses how this is in fact fusion. And maybe this enigma would make people think about it more.

Thoughts?

Charles Wilcox
    Participant

Anyone find it ironic that we are proposing to use a likeness of the peace symbol, originally designed for the “Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament”, for a nuclear power source?

Rezwan
    Participant

But of course! It’s perfect irony. Beating the nuclear sword into a nuclear ploughshare. End Nuclear war (which is really oil war), via nuclear peace. Too perfect!

But thanks for bringing this to my attention. This was all subconscious. I didn’t know the history of the symbol.
    Looking it up on this website, we read that:

Gerald Holtom, a conscientious objector who had worked on a farm in Norfolk during the Second World War, explained that the symbol incorporated the semaphore letters N(uclear) and D(isarmament). He later wrote to Hugh Brock, editor of Peace News, explaining the genesis of his idea in greater, more personal depth:

I was in despair. Deep despair. I drew myself: the representative of an individual in despair, with hands palm outstretched outwards and downwards in the manner of Goya

Rezwan
    Participant

Glen, you’ve done so much work here, and yet I want to make more suggestions:

Can you make the arrows of the bottom 3 heliums more uniformly spaced, and also 3D, like thinner at the base and thicker at the head like using perspective – they are getting big as they come out at us. Likewise, the arrow from the boron hydrogen a bit smaller than the arrows to the Helium, so it looks further behind in perspective.

Also, perhaps for the boron + H arrow it can have a forked base, showing the molecules coming together, instead of a plus sign.

And now I’m getting wacky. This would be really cool if the purple part could also work with 3D glasses. And the arrows, too. I love the shadow effect you have with the lettering. Perhaps the tagline on the bottom could be a wee bit bigger.

You’re the best! Even as is, this picture rocks!

Glenn Millam
    Participant

As to the 30 Glasses effect, I have the technique, however it will make the thing so blurry that those without the glasses will not be able to tell whats going on. I can do it for you if you like, but you won’t be able to appreciate the effect here, as the image needs to be full-size.

Attached files

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Charles Wilcox wrote: Anyone find it ironic that we are proposing to use a likeness of the peace symbol, originally designed for the “Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament”, for a nuclear power source?

Actually, I think its kinda appropriate, if you think about it. With PFF, why do you need fission reactors, which are necessary to make plutonium and to enrich uranium? If your country wants “peaceful” nuclear energy, you can have it with focus fusion. You just can’t make weapons with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.