The Focus Fusion Society Forums Dense Plasma Focus (DPF) Science and Applications minimal size device for focus fusion to work?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian H
    Participant

Jolly Roger wrote:

Right now, H3 is unobtainium. A wee detour to mine the Moon still has to be completed. 😆

I think you mean He3, as H3 is tritium, and though somewhat rare, is not as unobtainable as He3. I do understand that He3 is not currently obtainable. But when it does become obtainable, it will then be possible to downsize the FF reactor shielding. As that will be a few years from now, perhaps the electrical components will have been downsized as well. Then small applications, such as cars, might become possible.
    Absorrutry Right! :red: Yes, He3 indeed. But the difference is only one electron embedded in a nucleon! 😉

IAC, since the costs of LunarHe are likely to be lotsa orders of magnitude greater than for B11, there might be some other considerations involved.

I’d expect power storage and charging capacity to grow very fast over the next 5-10 years, and beyond. Having on-board generating capacity for ranges beyond the projected 2,000 – 5,000 miles/charge for autos would come at a heck of a premium. But this kind of technology development has a real Stengel quality about it: “Predicting is hard, especially about the future.” :snake: ;-P

Jolly Roger
    Participant

JimmyT wrote:
    I don’t know how to use the quote thing. Could one of you guys direct me on where to go for instructions on that?

It’s not nuclear science! Just hit the quote button at the bottom of the message you are responding to. It is copied into an edit area. Delete what you don’t want and add new stuff. You can misquote, take things out of context, everything we “pros” do.

Brian H
    Participant

Jolly Roger wrote:

I don’t know how to use the quote thing. Could one of you guys direct me on where to go for instructions on that?

It’s not … the quote button at the bottom of the message you are responding to. It is copied into an … out of context edit area, everything we “pros” do.

See, like that! 😉 😛 :coolsmirk:

Transmute
    Participant

hate to burst the bubble, but He3 reacts with D not P, and though the fusion of He3+D is aneutriactic the D+D side reaction is not, shielding might actually need to be larger despite the reduced x-ray emissions.

JimmyT
    Participant

There are a couple of other errors in what people said or were led to believe. The x-ray emissions which are proportional to the square of the nuclear charge are related to the formation and compression of the plasmoid. There are also x-rays produced by the reaction. These x-rays are reaction specific and do not necessarily follow this formula.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.