Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jolly Roger
    Participant

A 20 MW Focus Fusion power plant could fit into a 2-car garage. Could you make it fit into a Sea-Land container? How much would it weigh? Transportability by ship, train and truck would be a big plus!

Dimensions and weight are also factors when considering FF as a power source for trains, planes, ships, etc.

Transmute
    Participant

That a good question. What would be the rough dimensions of just the DPF device? The particle decelerators (is there just one particle decelerators with a DPF at one end or two particle decelerators with a DPF in the middle)? Dimensions of the X-ray/low neutron shielding? There is going to be a cooling system as well right? A huge bank of capacitors and high-voltage electronics I assume might be shared between several reactors?

I’ll just guess from what they vaguely say that the smallest uses would be a sea going freight ships

Brian H
    Participant

I’d guess that the core would easily pack in a container, and the outer shell/maintenance building would be a prefab, shipped bundled to be erected on-site around the core. I don’t think you’d have to ship fully assembled!

Brian H
    Participant

Jolly Roger wrote:

Dimensions and weight are also factors when considering FF as a power source for trains, planes, ships, etc.

I think weight was reported to be ~2 tons. Trivial.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.