The Focus Fusion Society Forums Story, Art, Song, Self Expression On Reaching College Students

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Aeronaut
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: I’m thinking “podcast”. How do we set one up? Then we could also have guest speakers and mini-lectures and – oh, songs. Who knows.

A podcast is just an MP3 file that you can record on your computer, then upload to the podcast directories.

Rezwan
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote: A podcast is just an MP3 file that you can record on your computer, then upload to the podcast directories.

OK, so what do we need? 2 turntables and mic? How do we set up a roving studio? Can I use an iphone that records my conversation and just call someone, have an interview, and podcast it at the same time? Where does one publish the podcast to? How do you get on itunes and such?

What are the minimum recording equipment needs for taking this on the road?

Breakable
    Keymaster

I think a laptop could do all the recording you need.
    Just use some specialized recording software, that wont run out of memory during the process.
    You can use Skype for calling, and it still should be recording (a separate program or a plugin to skype).
    Something seems over here:
    http://carsonified.com/blog/carsonified/features/podcasting-with-skype/

Aeronaut
    Participant

Googling podcast directories will give you a huge list, including NPR. If you’re running Winders, you can probably record in Sound Recorder or talk Media Player into recording MP3’s.

srgrimes
    Participant

I use Debut Video Capture and it is free for a trial period and works very well. All that aside I am looking for someone to assist me with a 10 million dollar grant from the NSF to help bring k-12 students into the field of Science. The request is for a plan followed by phase one and two. I have written the outline but do not have an organization to submit the proposal on there behalf. The interested party should be educational based such as a university or non-profit .org. The deadline is the 23 of April. Any takers can e-mail me at gotwelder@netzero.com

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.