The Focus Fusion Society Forums Financing Fusion Okay, Let's Stop The BAKE SALE mentality and get SERIOUS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Dr. Lerner,

I have the ability to source funding from the private placement divisions of regional hedge funds.

Would it be worth discussing a large-scale fundraising campaign?

Q: How much would it take for you to achieve large-scale independently varifiable results, which would in turn allow the technology to be brought to market?

Finally, why haven’t investors been throwing money at you?

Blacklight raised $55 million, and Dr. Mills’ theories are MUCH more controversal than yours.

Please email me for my mobile number. I live in Morristown, NJ, and can drive down to see you.

Thank you,

Robert F. Sullivan

Attached files

Lerner
    Participant

First, let me make it clear that Focus Fusion Society is a 501c3 not-for-profit and Lawrenceville Plasma Physics, Inc. is a separate NJ for-profit corporation. So I assume you asking a question about LPP.

LPP has been raising money from investors for six years. Right now, we are in the midst of a capital drive to raise $750,000 to fund an experiment which we think will demonstrate the scientific feasibility of focus fusion. An additional much larger sum, about $20 million, would be needed to develop a working prototype.

We are very hopeful that we will raise the $750,000 in the near future. But of course LPP will need more money, since this is an absolute minimum for the experiment.

I can not fully answer why investors have not been throwing money at us. What I do know is that 100% of LPP

Breakable
    Keymaster

I would love to see a small investment company created with specific goal of investing into Lawrenceville Plasma Physics,
    I believe its possible to raise at least 750k $ this way easily if there was a simple way to channel private funds.
    I for once would be glad to invest at least 10k and my own salary is far from that of highly developed countries.

belbear42
    Participant

This thread seems to be dead, so probably I will not receive an answer but here are my 5 cents…

I’d also like to invest some of my personal savings into a promising future technology. Just like “breakable” mentioned, i’m thinking of about $10K. Especially given the appalling stock market evolutions and equally appalling interest rates nowadays, I don’t consider it a bad investment for a 10 year or longer timespan. And if this machine really works it could be a goldmine as well.

I read about an emission of $100 LPP shares, is that still going on?

Can I get some of these shares, given the fact that I am a private person, not a company, and I don’t live in the US of A?

Lerner
    Participant

Investment in Focus Fusion is possible through Lawreneceville Plasma Physics, Inc.

You can get more information at http://www.lawrencevilleplasmaphysics.com

belbear42
    Participant

Lerner wrote: Investment in Focus Fusion is possible through Lawreneceville Plasma Physics, Inc.

You can get more information at http://www.lawrencevilleplasmaphysics.com

I read this investment information and I definitely agree that you will not collect money from private investors until it is certain that your phase 1 experiment can actually be funded.
    I also found the conditions to become an “accredited investor” in this april 23 news article. Unfortunately I fall short of the mentioned $1M asset or $200K income limit by an order of magnitude, so I fear it’s a no-go for me. And in any case, none of these assets are located in the USA

My $10K investment would be about a sixth of my current financial assets (was more before the stock markets plummeting down, but not including the house I own).
    I would consider this investment as a sort of poker chips, a high-risk bet on the future of clean and cheap energy that I CAN afford to lose. (unfortunately, our world cannot)

Regards,

Chris Van den Bossche

JimmyT
    Participant

The good of the many outweighs the good of the few, or the one.

Doesn’t it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.