The Focus Fusion Society Forums Spreading the Word Making the fusion case to Electric Car industry

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    zapkitty
    Participant

hmmm… time slips by and the event is this weekend.. my try at a final cut will be up by 7:00 am eastern today. I’ll make the tag a society url … anyone else going to try their paw at one? πŸ™‚

zapkitty
    Participant

… only 5 hours late… fell asleep…

attached is an actual printable version of a flyer… text approximatiom follows…

[strong]GRIDLOCKED[/strong]

22% BY 2035? EVs ARE BETTER THAN THIS

[em]The EV Market Is Gridlocked[/em]

A serious constraint on EV market growth is that projected grid capacity and extent cannot power a world of EVs recharging at will. Even optimistic growth estimates for renewables will still require enforcement of off-peak recharging. That will hurt market growth for decades.

GET FUSION

[em]Objectives In Mirror Are Closer Than Than They Appear[/em]

Times change. Fusion may be much closer, much smaller and much cheaper than many have thought. What is new is that various small companies are now investigating various methods of avoiding obstacles that have hampered the “Big Fusion” projects. Several of these fusion contenders are working to fuse standard fuels at standard temperatures but in smaller, more manageable configurations. Other contenders are researching advanced fusion fuels at even higher temperatures in even smaller devices.

[em]Fusion Unlocks The Market[/em]

The grid needs power and the grid needs to grow wherever and whenever it can do the most good.The result from any successful fusion contender would be the sustainable, safe power of fusion delivered in small commercial installations built wherever they are needed as they are needed. And the contenders expect research results in years at most – not decades. Any and all of their fusion technologies, if successful, could easily power and grow a global distributed grid that can handle an all- EV world. But these small companies all have one thing in common: they need you.

[em]Coffee, Tea… or EVs Everywhere?[/em]

The research budget of a typical fusion contender is less than what a large corporation spends on coffee supplies and yet funding for more agile fusion solutions has been nonexistent. The contenders need investment, especially from investors who’d like some answers within years, not decades.

The potential payoff? Even the most basic form of fusion would solve grid power issues permanently. Each successful contender would have its advantages and disadvantages compared to the others but any one of them would leave all non-fusion power sources in the dust. EVs would be everywhere because sustainable power on demand would be everywhere.

It is research and there can be no guarantees but consider diversifying investment into at least some of these companies… because even one success will change the world.

The Focus Fusion Society
    [em]https://focusfusion.org[/em]

Attached files

fusionflyerprint.doc (19 B) 

benf
    Participant

Here’s a version attached….When the flier is finalized I would send copies to the car magazines and Autoblog website. Even though they mostly promote muscle cars and exotic cars, they occasionally highlight developments with alternatives. Green Car Congress is another website that might take notice…

Attached files

zapkitty
    Participant

benf wrote: Here’s a version attached….When the flier is finalized I would send copies to the car magazines and Autoblog website. Even though they mostly promote muscle cars and exotic cars, they occasionally highlight developments with alternatives. Green Car Congress is another website that might take notice…

Nice job πŸ™‚

But it seems a bit too aneutronic-FF specific in contrast to the text because the neutronic contenders do have some waste… it’s just nothing like the unending nightmare that is fission waste.

benf
    Participant

It’s great copy you’re coming up with Zapkitty. I swapped out the burst graphic with the one that’s more generic. I personally think aneutronic is an excellent goal and works well as an alternative energy concept. But as you say any kind of fusion is probably way better than what we’ve got (fission power). Maybe there should be two types of fliers with these issues in mind. The graphics/text/format can be changed if there are other suggestions…I’m attaching another version with a more conventional layout.

Attached files

jamesr
    Participant

I think the first layout with the logos at the bottom worked better.

One comment: Although it may seem to clutter it slightly I think we should include citations wherever possible on any promotional material to back-up any claims made (such as the corporate coffee spending in this case). For reports & press releases they can be detailed directly in a footnote. For more graphical flyers & posters etc maybe the easiest way is to include a QR code graphic linking to a URL of the fuller referenced report on the website.

zapkitty
    Participant

jamesr wrote: I think the first layout with the logos at the bottom worked better.

One comment: Although it may seem to clutter it slightly I think we should include citations wherever possible on any promotional material to back-up any claims made (such as the corporate coffee spending in this case). For reports & press releases they can be detailed directly in a footnote. For more graphical flyers & posters etc maybe the easiest way is to include a QR code graphic linking to a URL of the fuller referenced report on the website.

Been a long while since my flyer days but I was thinking the same.

Also, I was assuming that the EV flyer was monoichrome and small color images often don’t translate well to small grayscale images.

We can build up a library of flyer-friendly text samples and images…

My html approximations of the flyer aren’t worth the effort. For whiteboarding in the forum just plain text and relevant images. Save the formatting for the actual document file πŸ™‚

And I reflexively converted to .doc but would anyone have trouble with an openoffice document in its native format? Attached is an updated sample flyer with a simple cite and a QR’d society url.

Edit: well… the forum won’t attach an openoffice .odt file… there’s one vote not in favor… u all get a .doc instead…

When the flyers are online we can add a direct link to the online version of the flyer in the QR… and we can add the complete cites as well πŸ™‚

Attached files

fusionflyerprint.doc (21 B) 

Rezwan
    Participant

Hey Zapkitty,

Got your email. Yes, I’ve been watching this progress – great job! I have some text suggestions (mostly about also inviting EV folks to be part of a “fusion partnership council” inviting them not to invest (because that’s an investment solicitation, and FFS doesn’t do that), but rather to join a conversation about how to be more proactive about fusion… but my brains are a tad mushy to take that on.

ART:
    In the meantime, yes, I see the lack of b&w art – try this page for art:
    https://focusfusion.org/index.php/site/article/358

You can open some of the psd documents and break it down to the elements and modify/decolorize them.

Thanks so much for pursuing this! Very cool!

benf
    Participant

More options (if needed), color and BW…

Attached files

Brian H
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: Hey Zapkitty,

Got your email. Yes, I’ve been watching this progress – great job! I have some text suggestions (mostly about also inviting EV folks to be part of a “fusion partnership council” inviting them not to invest (because that’s an investment solicitation, and FFS doesn’t do that), but rather to join a conversation about how to be more proactive about fusion… but my brains are a tad mushy to take that on.

ART:
    In the meantime, yes, I see the lack of b&w art – try this page for art:
    https://focusfusion.org/index.php/site/article/358

You can open some of the psd documents and break it down to the elements and modify/decolorize them.

Thanks so much for pursuing this! Very cool!

But the headline should definitely be “STOP FUSSIN’ AND GET FUSIN’!”
    >:-(
    πŸ˜›

Brian H
    Participant

Brian H wrote:
    But the headline should definitely be “STOP FUSSIN’ AND GET FUSIN’!”
    >:-(
    πŸ˜›

The more I think about it, the more I’m taking myself seriously. Humor opens doors and minds that earnest sincerity leaves locked and barricaded.

Rezwan
    Participant

Thanks Benf for this link: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2011/10/ceres-20111024.html
    These are the folks to have the conversation with to test the message.

zapkitty
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: Thanks Benf for this link: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2011/10/ceres-20111024.html
    These are the folks to have the conversation with to test the message.

Given the society’s origins and its acknowledged bias *(that I share) how much emphasis should be on fusion vs neutronic fusion vs aneutronic fusion? As in my stuff above? more aneutronic?

Brian H
    Participant

Brian H wrote:

Brian H – 10 October 2011 02:01 AM
    Coming next yr, the RAV4-EV from Toyota, powered by TeslaMotors. Then the Model X cross-over from Tesla in 2013. The former with ~100 mi range, the latter with up to 300.

I’m with Brian….spend some time at the Tesla booth….Elon Musk, with his Musk Foundation, is someone who should want to be supportive of Focus Fusion.

Yeah, the only conflict I can see is that his baby, Solar City, would fall on hard times if FF took off. But FF addresses virtually all of his Big Picture interests. Someone should buttonhole him; if I had his email I’d be all over him. :coolsmile:

BTW, that is without doubt the most minimalist website I have ever seen! 6 lines of text, with the first a Bold font.

I can now see another conflict. TM and especially the Tech VP, JP Straubel, are big into static storage and load-levelling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWSox7mLbyE

I don’t think their path is compatible; too many short- to medium-term conflicts of interest.

Di Vita
    Participant

@ Brian

“STOP FUSSIN’ AND GET FUSIN’ “

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.