Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Millam
    Participant

oops… here’s the image

Attached files

Lerner
    Participant

Not quite right. Look at the plasmoid diagram in https://focusfusion.org/index.php/site/article/focus_fusion_reactor/.

Rezwan
    Participant

This picture, right? https://focusfusion.org/assets/sheath2.jpg

So, more like ropes of filament frosting over an invisible donut – the frosting is the thing, not the donut, and the greatest density is in the “donut hole” where the laces of frosting twist around each other.

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Ahh… I see now. I’ll work on this later tonight, and post something closer to reality.

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Well… it took me longer than expected, but here is the second draft. One thing that is missing is a cutaway of the core like there was in the scanned image. It was too small to make out what the cutaway was showing… what is it that we want topoint out with the cutaway? I think there should be a zoom of that section to show detail if it is important.

Attached files

Lerner
    Participant

The cut-away illustrates that as you get closer to the axis, the pitch of the helical filaments decreases unitl the current runs along the axis. Is there any way we can make this look less exactly like string? How about transparent or translucent filaments?

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Lerner wrote: The cut-away illustrates that as you get closer to the axis, the pitch of the helical filaments decreases unitl the current runs along the axis. Is there any way we can make this look less exactly like string? How about transparent or translucent filaments?

Absolutely… in fact, I had to put in extra objects to make it appear solid. In fact, I thought about making them appear rather fuzzy to imply plasma.

I’ll make the change along with a cutaway and zoom on the next version.

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Finally got some time this weekend to finish this latest version of the image. This one includes the cutaway-and-zoom mentioned earlier.

Attached files

Great! Although perhaps pointilism would convey the fuzziness better?

Glenn Millam
    Participant

Admin wrote: Great! Although perhaps pointilism would convey the fuzziness better?

Well, pointillism would be great if you didn’t want to show structure. I’m going from the instructions from Eric and Reswan about how the structure needs to look. My interpretation of the structure may be wrong (quite possible, in fact) but I don’t think that reducing the plasma filaments down to particles will help show the physics of what’s going on, especially at website resolutions. However, if you have a link to something that may show what you are after, I’ll be glad to give it a shot.

Charles Wilcox
    Participant

Glenn Millam wrote: Alright. Here is the same illustration I put up before, using the site’s color scheme. I think its an improvement. What do you think, Reswan?

Despite the danger of posting to the end of a dead thread…

I finished reading Donald E. Scott’s book on Plasma Cosmology called “The Electric Sky.” On page 182, figure 53 shows a nice diagram of the Plasma Focus Device.

FYI.

Aeronaut
    Participant

I read the patent this morning, taking notes on the drawings page (had to cheat and use Photoshop6 to put all drawings but figure 12 on one sheet).

In these drawings you’ll find a pair of “3d” drawings of the eight cathode model, with and without the optional coil.

None of the drawings I’ve seen there or anywhere else shows the vacuum vessel, or even hints at it using cutaway or various opacities like a Popular Mechanics cover treats the skin of an airplane.

Next up is going to be the shielding wall, cap banks, transformer yard, x-ray converter, and particle to electricity converter. The easiest way to do this would be with photos of almost any quality or lack thereof.

My recommendation is to make the images easy for PM’s editors to “appropriate” to sell magazines, bagging FF priceless exposure and credibility. The kind that can’t be bought.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.