Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MeMyself
    Participant

I am a newcomer of this type of technology, I wish to construct a focus fusion reactor with commom objects, since I don´t have much money, I have 1.500 dollars–I am not that rich– can someone tells if its possible?If it is how can I construct one?Remembering that i want to turn on the system, with all the things of a fusion reactor in a wall socket.I am saying this cause I saw the notice of a commom boy that made a homemade fusion reactor and the first thing he done was to turn it on in a wall socket.

MeMyself
    Participant

I don´t know well but since– if I could– I have one focus fusion reactor how I will run it? I don´t have nuclear fuel, I wish to put commom hydrogen to turn it on deuterium or tritium like controlling the flux of energy, is it possible?Other thing I want to know is if a nuclear fusion reactor, that produce deuterium and tritium–am I wrong?–, could actually release the energy of both like in a nuclear bomb reaction.

JimmyT
    Participant

Me,
    Sorry to break the news to you but the answer is no. We have yet to build a single working, energy generating reactor. That is what this entire project is about.

The first one built will probably end up costing about 25 million dollars by the time it is finished. Once the design is established, duplicates can be constructed for around $300,000. Any design or materials shortcuts will likely end up not with a poorly working reactor. But rather with one that doesn’t work at all!

But look at the bright side! What power you do purchase will be greatly reduced in price due to this project.

You sound as if you may be young, in which case you have even more to benefit from this technology. You may inherent a greatly improved world due to what we are doing here!

Why don’t you join us instead of trying to build one on your own? You could be part of this! Start out by trying to understand this process as best you can. Just about anyone can learn this stuff with a little effort. Watch Eric’s video several times. Read the forums. Get other people interested! I think this is one of the most promising peaces of news that the world has to offer.

JimmyT
    Participant

Me,
    It is probably going to be a year or more before this becomes really big news. You could be an expert in this stuff by that time. And many people around you will not have even have heard of it.

Breakable
    Keymaster

In case you read the news, the boy who constructed its fusion reactor at home did not reach a point where he generates more energy than the fusion outputs. Nobody has constructed this type of reactor yet. And claiming the output energy is even further down the road.
    Still it is possible to construct one that demonstrates fusion itself, even if the output is negligible. I don’t think you can find a guide or tutorial that explains in detailed steps how to build one, so you will have to learn a lot and design one yourself. A hobby group on the internet could help, I don’t know where to find one, but try looking here:
    http://49chevy.blogs.com/fusor/2007/01/what_is_this_si.html
    or
    http://www.talk-polywell.org/bb/index.php

MeMyself
    Participant

Allright, I think I got the point of it.Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.