The Focus Fusion Society Forums Policy Fusion X-prize petition started!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sigma
    Participant

I have taken it upon myself to start the Fusion X-prize petition. I suggest everyone sign it! The more signatures we get the better chance we will have of convincing the X PRIZE Foundation that they need to make a Fusion X-prize. Thanks!

http://www.petitiononline.com/fusionxp/petition.html

Sigma
    Participant

Everyone on this site should sign this!

Rezwan
    Participant

Hi Sigma! Thanks for your enthusiasm. Spurred on by your action, I just left a message at the X-prize foundation to find out who specifically we could petition there and what kind of procedure they have for considering new prizes. I’ll keep bugging them this week ’til I get an answer. When I do, it may help with strengthening the language on the petition.

Right now what you’ve got looks like a petition to petition the X-prize foundation:

To: X PRIZE Foundation

Energy is one of the most fundamental resources a developing world needs to survive, unfortunately standard alternatives to the current oil paradigm may take years to develop fully and with projected dates of 2050 for conventional hot fusion, it is too long a wait. The crisis in the middle east is one concern, as is the increasing temperature change another, we need alternative ideas that aren’t mainstream to address them as soon as possible. Therefore I propose that we create an opportunity to change that by petitioning the X-prize foundation to create a Fusion X-prize and give non-mainstream scientists and corporations a chance to get into the spotlight and make a difference!

I think ideally it should be more like a letter asking for a fusion x-prize to the foundation that is signed by all and sundry. Also, I think if we throw in a few facts, like how many fusion alternatives out there are ready to compete for the prize, how an x-prize is the perfect means of stimulating fusion, how it fits with the objectives of the x-prize and so forth, it further strengthens the petition.

Also, calling the ITER guys “conventional hot fusion” suggests that we are cold fusion. 🙂

I hope you don’t mind if we take this as a first draft and play around with it a bit before settling on a final petition.

Sigma
    Participant

Nah I don’t mind if you mess with it. I wrote it late at night, so there is much room for improvement! I just think it would be great to get a petition going as I don’t think they, the X PRIZE Foundation, are too concerned with any kind of fusion at the moment.

BTW, I personally don’t care what “kind” of fusion it is, as long as it works and gets us off these fossil fuels.

Sigma
    Participant

I suggest that a talented writer(not me, although I can give input), write up a story about why we should have a Fusion X-Prize, then submit the story to PESN(Pure Energy Systems Network) or Free Energy News(same network as PESN). The story could possibly include a short roundtable Q&A session with the other fusion companies I outlined in another post, about what they think of a Fusion X-Prize. After the article is published(or right before), we list it on Digg.com, this should help get the word out. At this point we should have a petition that is worthy of recognition from the X PRIZE Foundation to sign by readers. Sterling Allen helped me digg a story on Kazimierz Holubowicz, a little known canadian inventor with a super efficient engine design, and after the reaction he has been able to secure many investors… I believe we could do the same for Focus Fusion/Alt Fusion field.

BTW, I have suggested to Kazimierz that he enter a vehicle based on his engine into the Auto X-Prize, hopefully he will!

Sigma
    Participant

I’ve heard people say that we should do a more generalized “Energy” X-Prize, however the criteria for a chosen winner will be much more difficult to determine. I would actually like an Energy X-Prize because it would inspire creativity in all catagories of energy production and utilization, but it may be too hard to implement. What do you guys think?

Sigma
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about an article I could write that would include interviews like the ones I had outlined above. I could relate it to global warming, that way I could “hook” a lot of the people who may be wary of the idea of Focus Fusion. By linking as a solution to a big problem facing the world today we may be able to secure more support. I’ll start an outline tonight.

BTW, the Fusion X-Prize petition has 11 signatures. Better than nothing I guess! lol!

Jolly Roger
    Participant

I was signature #16!

Torulf
    Participant

Here is an old idea for an X-price for fusion.
    This is from 2001, hope I not com with old news.
    http://www.geocities.com/jim_bowery/BussardsLetter.html

Transmute
    Participant

Only 21 sign it! that horrible!!! We need to spread this around, get the word out!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.