The Focus Fusion Society Forums Focus Fusion Cafe DREAD Weapon System: Devastating, Jam proof, silent

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tasmodevil44
    Participant

Perhaps you’re right, Brian. The laser – powered solar sail might have more limited applications for travel within our solar system …… rather than travel outside it. Such a powerful laser might have other uses in space like extracting metals from lunar ore …… or to divert asteroids from hitting the Earth. Although this is getting a little off the original subject, I’m still curious how well a free alpha laser might work …… like a free electron laser …… if powered by the energetic particle beam coming out of the FF device. It could have some really nasty military applications, but could also perhaps find some kind of peaceful use. Hopefully, the latter kind of application.

As for the original subject this topic is about, I don’t know much about the DREAD Weapon system, but the last thing the world needs is more of them. All the countries of the world already have more than enough for total annhiliation many times over.

Jolly Roger
    Participant

See my post in the “Can FF take us to the stars?” thread.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.