Homepage Forums Story, Art, Song, Self Expression Article Marketing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #597
    AvatarRezwan
    Member

    It has been suggested that we engage in this thing called “Article Marketing”

    Aeronaut wrote: Article marketing, targeted to Fortune 1,000ish CEO and board members, seems the logical place to start. Targeting the WSJ and Inc Magazine can reach the new generation CEOs that little or none of the world has heard of. Yet.

    OK, let’s open it up for suggestions. Any specific articles we should write or posts we should hammer into a articles? Let’s have a rough idea before we launch into action.

    #3778
    AvatarAeronaut
    Member

    Thanx, Rezwan. Man was that quick!

    Article Marketing revolves around providing your readers with useful information, around 300 to 500 words. Well-written articles build a relationship of trust and authority with the reader, while not over-informing. Each article is used as bait to get the reader to click through to FF and/or inner pages such as Aaron”s tutorials or forum pages.

    The all-important links are allowed only at the end of the article in what is known as the Author’s Bio Box or Author’s Resource Box. Links should be avoided in body copy, as should overt mention of specific people and companies. The acid test is to ask yourself if it reads like an ad. If the answer is yes, it needs to be rewritten.

    Since FF is such a “small” part of the overall political, economic, social, and environmental landscape (or minefield), each article can target one or more of the tradeoffs involved in implementing something non-FF. Say backing up each kw of wind farm with one kw of gas-fired generation. Tradeoffs like water consumption and building new transmission lines out to the wind farms give us an almost unlimited source of controversial, unique articles that mention FF only in the resource box, after you’ve built your credibility and got ’em riled up enough to need to take the action of clicking one of the bio box links.

    EzineArticles.com and IdeaMarketers.com are two of my favorite traffic generators. They also have some clout with Google, who currently controls around 60% of the general search market. What I’m leading into is called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO.

    SEO comes down to getting a site to the top of Google and/or Yahoo for specific keywords and search phrases. What’s important to the general search engines? Hyperlinks, and the visible part that you click to go to a page. This is called Anchor Text. The more incoming links a page has, and the more authority each has (submitting articles to EZA and IM take care of this automatically), the higher it will rank in G and Y, give or take too many constantly changing variables to even mention here. SEO is a multi-million dollar industry that boils down to the information in this paragraph. The phrase you’re targeting is the clickable text).

    Why can people make millions selling ideas this simple? Because the industry specializes in cloaking itself in a veil of mystery and confusion, so that when you Google SEO you’re given options of which persuasive sales letters you “want” to read.

    Writing persuasive copy is how people gain wealth and influence over others. It became a science in the 1920s when practitioners such as Elmer Wheeler, Claude Hopkins, and Robert Collier were in their prime, right about the time that radio was going commercial.

    I’ll do some keyword research and competitive analyses. My guess is that we own the keywords FocusFusion, Focus Fusion, and FF, but I’ll also be looking for easy to rank for related keywords in the “how to reduce” arena. These keywords can often rank “above the fold” in Google’s top 3 or 4 results and often hold that position for a year or more with no maintenance, all in return for writing and publishing one article.

    Any particular terms you’d like to own, Eric?

    For more information about article marketing and SEO, visit http://ez-onlinemoney.com/blog , where you can get 3 free downloads on these subjects from Josh Spaulding, my mentor. I recommend beginning with his book the $5 minisite formula.

    #3780
    AvatarAeronaut
    Member

    That was the tactical view. The reason to publish articles to the article directories is to get readers from within the article directories themselves. Many of these readers publish blogs and web sites. Some also publish in print or other mass media. Hit a nerve, or otherwise really enlighten an influential blogger, and your article can be read by thousands within a week. This is why I mentioned controversial sub-topics in my last post.

    The other reason to submit articles to article directories is to get the article indexed in the search engines, which means that when people type in “reduce co2” for instance, your article’s title and a short summary appear in the search engine results pages, which extends our reach beyond the article directory.

    Your article’s title is the most critical part of article marketing- the headline, or title, which must include the keyword that you want to be visible in the search engines. It also has to be intriguing enough so that human readers will pick your article to read.

    70% of the decision to read more (or to buy if you’re marketing a product) is made at the headline.

    Here are some keywords that I analyzed a few months ago, and look fairly easy to rank well for:

    Electric Source
    Electricity Grid
    Electric Consumption
    Electric Resources
    Reduce Emissions

    Here are 2 more with a bit more competition, but still within our reach:

    Emissions Credit
    Reduce CO2

    Here’s a sample of a workable title:

    3 Easy Ways You Can Reduce CO2 Emissions Today.

    Your resource box could read something like “To learn more about how to reduce co2 emissions, visit https://focusfusion.org” where our targeted search term, co2, is the clickable anchor text.

    #3790
    AvatarAeronaut
    Member

    Sorry if I got carried away with the technical end that is only the beginning of the hard core marketing version.

    The simple way to do article marketing is to ignore the search engines entirely, and submit quality articles directly to the publication that you want to bring readers from, such as the Journal, USA Today, etc.

    It helps to do your homework and contact the right editor or column directly, rather than send it blindly to their electronic mail room.

    The content from one article can be repackaged as an MP3 for podcast directories, an MP4 for YouTube, and so on. There are specialized directories for web templates, screensavers, wallpapers, ringtones, and just about any type of file format you can easily create content for.

    #3795
    AvatarBrian H
    Member

    Aeronaut wrote: Sorry if I got carried away with the technical end that is only the beginning of the hard core marketing version.

    The simple way to do article marketing is to ignore the search engines entirely, and submit quality articles directly to the publication that you want to bring readers from, such as the Journal, USA Today, etc.

    It helps to do your homework and contact the right editor or column directly, rather than send it blindly to their electronic mail room.

    The content from one article can be repackaged as an MP3 for podcast directories, an MP4 for YouTube, and so on. There are specialized directories for web templates, screensavers, wallpapers, ringtones, and just about any type of file format you can easily create content for.

    As eager a proselytizer as I am for FF, I am wondering what the goal is in “raising public awareness” in the present circumstances. As Eric mentioned in the Q-A on the video, increasing the funding for the experiments would have little or no effect on speed of development or discovery. Even a so-called “crash program” is essentially a “chase all probable/possible paths at once” kind of effort, and the time gained would be trivial — a few months, perhaps. IF the knowledgable research personnel were available, which they are not.

    Second, the plotted path that Eric has laid out (experiments, engineering design, prototype, licensing) is about as fast a track as can be found to get FF deployed. Public awareness and support will come soon enough — when a realistic prospect of having radically cheaper power is in the offing. What use is it before that? Actually, it worries me a little, since it would vastly increase the chances of political meddling or appropriation. Which would be very unfortunate. OTOH, perhaps a certain level of public awareness and support would shield against being quietly squelched.

    As I’m sure is obvious to all here, the boffins and beneficiaries of ITER and other $bn-sucking fusion projects have a strong motivation to deprecate and derail FF and other “low-cost alternatives” to their huge projects/boondoggles. As do the Gorists and other AGW scam artists growing fat on the AGW hoax.

    Call me chicken, but I think it might be wise to continue to “fly under the radar” until the target is in plain sight and within easy reach.

    #3808
    AvatarAeronaut
    Member

    I’ve also been dissecting the latest copy of Scientific American Earth 3.0 this weekend, which makes the case that there is a 6 trillion dollar energy market that’s screaming bloody murder that current technologies won’t be able to squelch the demand for more power at less carbon. This is editorial and VC sentiment, btw.

    Carbon taxes will happen, if not this year, then in 2010. Glass and aluminum industries will be clobbered by these.

    What I propose is target the early adopters, and sell them something like a kit plane- which has to be clearly labeled “EXPERIMENTAL”. Think how many corporations have 2M$ or more tied up in diesel generators that seldom get used, lol. Think they might be receptive? I sure do.

    #3815
    AvatarBrian H
    Member

    Aeronaut wrote: I’ve also been dissecting the latest copy of Scientific American Earth 3.0 this weekend, which makes the case that there is a 6 trillion dollar energy market that’s screaming bloody murder that current technologies won’t be able to squelch the demand for more power at less carbon. This is editorial and VC sentiment, btw.

    Carbon taxes will happen, if not this year, then in 2010. Glass and aluminum industries will be clobbered by these.

    What I propose is target the early adopters, and sell them something like a kit plane- which has to be clearly labeled “EXPERIMENTAL”. Think how many corporations have 2M$ or more tied up in diesel generators that seldom get used, lol. Think they might be receptive? I sure do.

    Now THAT makes sense. Have any contacts? :cheese:

    #3819
    AvatarAeronaut
    Member

    No, but I have an article moderately well polished and a press release more or less rehearsed in my mind. Let’s set a target date of June 1st that I start dialing for dollars.

    #3828
    AvatarBrian H
    Member

    If you’re interested in having other eyes check for copy edit problems, I have done a fair amount of professional technical copy editing, and would be happy to go over the text, pro bono “for the cause”!

    #3832
    AvatarAeronaut
    Member

    Thanx, Brian. Its at http://global–village.com

    As far as contacts go, I met some financial sales people at a job fair last week and had a long talk with one last night. He thought he was going to sell me, and I was out to sell him FF, lol. (Here’s why Wall Street and “business as usual bores me”).

    I’m also going to drop in on my Township Supervisor sometime this week. He and his office were VERY helpful last year when I was trying to round up support for local broadband. What I did was talk with his Clerk a few times and did her typing and a website (overkill) before talking to Jim for a few minutes. He then called the local radio station and it was on the next 4 newscasts.

    We know the engineering works well enough to sell on an experimental basis, now we need to get a consensus about how soon we can sell licenses, images I can use on my site, that sort of thing.

    #3835
    AvatarBrian H
    Member

    Aeronaut wrote: Thanx, Brian. Its at http://global–village.com

    As far as contacts go, I met some financial sales people at a job fair last week and had a long talk with one last night. He thought he was going to sell me, and I was out to sell him FF, lol. (Here’s why Wall Street and “business as usual bores me”).

    I’m also going to drop in on my Township Supervisor sometime this week. He and his office were VERY helpful last year when I was trying to round up support for local broadband. What I did was talk with his Clerk a few times and did her typing and a website (overkill) before talking to Jim for a few minutes. He then called the local radio station and it was on the next 4 newscasts.

    We know the engineering works well enough to sell on an experimental basis, now we need to get a consensus about how soon we can sell licenses, images I can use on my site, that sort of thing.

    Disagree. I think you are getting way ahead of yourself. I would be gobstruck if Eric consented to sell licenses at this juncture, as he has frequently said that significant engineering needs to be done (though he has great faith in the creativity and abilities of engineers) to establish that the plant-as-envisaged is workable. I don’t think there’s anything to sell yet, in other words.

    As I said, my email is brianfh01@yahoo.ca . Communicate with me directly, please.

    #3924
    AvatarBrian H
    Member

    Here’s a TeslaMotors Press Release that combines news and promo:

    http://www.teslamotors.com/media/press_room.php?id=1347

    And here’s their press room, with all their press releases:

    http://www.teslamotors.com/media/press_room.php?id=1388

    #3929
    AvatarAeronaut
    Member

    Brian H wrote: Here’s a TeslaMotors Press Release that combines news and promo:

    http://www.teslamotors.com/media/press_room.php?id=1347

    And here’s their press room, with all their press releases:

    http://www.teslamotors.com/media/press_room.php?id=1388

    Thanx for the links, Brian. Looks like they believe in Press Release marketing. Did you notice how they ramped up the PR frequency just before the launch? A great deal of that material is begging to be adapted to FF. Especially the phrase “Performance With A Clean Conscience”.

    #3930
    AvatarAeronaut
    Member

    Here’s another way to go about getting licensees, which I got from following a Google Pay Per Click ad that showed up next to an email: http://www.ibridgenetwork.org/arizona/UA07-081_Tunable_Terahertz_Radiation_Emitter_Based

    #3935
    AvatarBrian H
    Member

    Aeronaut wrote: Here’s another way to go about getting licensees, which I got from following a Google Pay Per Click ad that showed up next to an email: http://www.ibridgenetwork.org/arizona/UA07-081_Tunable_Terahertz_Radiation_Emitter_Based

    Oooo… T-rays! I love ’em. Reeally interesting stuff. Spontaneously emitted by organic matter, didja know? :cheese: 🙂 :cheese:

    As for licensees, I suspect they will be beating on the door, with fistfuls of dollars, Euros, yen, rubles, and yuan by the time it becomes clear the engineering design is going to be a success. (Maybe Eric should demand payment in gold bars! 😆 😉 )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.