Homepage Forums Story, Art, Song, Self Expression YouTube Focus Fusion Video

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar pktanz 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AaronB

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a five minute Focus Fusion video on YouTube? I, for one, find it difficult to explain all of the technology and potential to my friends and family without their eyes glazing over. Does anyone have experience with video production, screenwriting, or graphics design? This would be an outstanding way to raise awareness in a simple and easy-to-understand way, and everyone with an internet connection would have access to it. Any ideas?

DerekShannon

A quick video tour of the Chile lab–Even with just the video function of a typical digital camera–might be an easy way to give people a sense of what is currently happening. Part One of what could become an ongoing video blog, if you will. And it could be bilingual, with Spanish and English versions!

AaronB

I like the idea of the lab tour. It would be great if we could interview the scientists and engineers who are working on it in Chile. Maybe a brief history of fusion attempts, with an explanation of the benefits and challenges of aneutronic fusion. I think the focus should be on: 1) the growing energy needs of the world, 2) the ideal nature of aneutronic fusion as the source of energy, 3) the developmental history of fusion research, 4) the dominant role of the Tokamak in current research, 5) the potential advantages of Focus Fusion over other methods, 6) the history and functioning of the dense plasma focus, 7) the recent developments in theory and experiment done by Eric Lerner (including the lab tour), 8) the future direction of study and experimentation. It is important that people realize that this is not cold fusion, bubble fusion, or any other kind of free energy research. It is backed up by many years of academic study and government funding. There is a common misperception that fusion technology and energy is decades away, and the stuff of science fiction. We need to show them that Focus Fusion could literally mean that usable fusion energy is within reach, within a few short years, and without the negative effects of other sources of energy.

pktanz

someone just got to do this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.