Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Torulf
    Participant

English is not my native language. I hope you can understand this.

I wrote here before about the Swedish plasma physician Erik Witalis.
    Now I have read Witalis scientific auto biography. Sorry only in Swedish.
    Witalis was a student of Hannes Alfven. He worked with fusion in a toroid machine in England, and on MHD- generators in USA.
    Later he worked for FOA, the sweetish academy of military science.
    He developed the HMHD theory, (Halleffect MagnetoHydroDymaic).
    This theory he later used on plasmafokus. He believes the plasmafokus may be a way to make fusion energy. As I said before he have a hard criticism of magnetic confinement, special the tokamak. He thinks the hall-effect make the plasma turbulent so no stabile state will exist.
    One of the odd things in his theories is that he says that the third law of Newton does not always apply to plasmas. Have someone here heard something about this?
    I was wrong in watt I write earlier. He has not work in the American SDI program.
    He invented a plasma space-weapon how he gives away to the plasma cosmologist Tony Peratt. The Principe

Tasmodevil44
    Participant

This concept by Electron Power Systems sounds a lot like the natural phenomena of ball lightening. Once dismissed by many skeptics as something in the pseudo – realm of U.F.O.’s and bigfoot, it is now commonly accepted fact by the scientific community that the rare electrical phenomena of ball lightening does indeed exist. In fact, this is not the first time these naturally occurring plasmoids have been suggested as a method of harnessing nuclear fusion. Years ago I heard about an inventor who was trying to do the same thing. He even applied for a patent on a ball lightening plasmoid generator for harnessing fusion. I wonder if Electron Power Systems might somehow have something to do with the same guy or somebody else. I find the overall concept to be somewhat fascinating.

Torulf
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.