The Focus Fusion Society Forums Lawrenceville Plasma Physics Experiment (LPPX) Where are Japan and China in funding Focus?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Brian H
    Participant

Brian H wrote:

We just need to increase the efficiency of each step in order to come out with a final net gain.

What do you think the Tokamak crowd has been trying to do in the last 40-30 years?

Most analyses of that tokamak data seem to conclude that as an electric production model, you can’t get there from here. The hard radiation and fast neutrons are two major sinkholes that can’t be plugged.

Rezwan
    Participant

Back to the original question:

cccccttttt wrote: Curious why Japanese and Chinese physicists are silent on the Focus program?

Have they just not heard of it?

ct

This question assumes Japanese and Chinese physicists are “silent” on Focus, and I just don’t know if that’s true. There may be some discussing it in Japanese or Chinese at this very moment. I have no idea.

I suppose the thing to do is to try and track some down that have heard of it and ask for an opinion.

Brian H
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: Back to the original question:

Curious why Japanese and Chinese physicists are silent on the Focus program?

Have they just not heard of it?

ct

This question assumes Japanese and Chinese physicists are “silent” on Focus, and I just don’t know if that’s true. There may be some discussing it in Japanese or Chinese at this very moment. I have no idea.

I suppose the thing to do is to try and track some down that have heard of it and ask for an opinion.
    The Japanese are very dependent on nuclear right now, and are in the forefront, e.g., of breeder reactor design and use. It would seem like a natural to “hedge” with a billion yen or two in FF R&D.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.