The Focus Fusion Society Forums Aneutronic Contenders What's next for Prometheus Fusion Perfection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ivy Matt
    Participant

It looks like Mark Suppes has decided it’s time to leave the Farnsworth fusor behind him and go on to the next step.

For those who may be wondering, this is the Sydney experiment.

Ivy Matt
    Participant

After a number of setbacks, the most expensive of which was a ruined $5000 turbopump, Mark Suppes has finally got his experiment up and running, achieving electron confinement in the world’s first amateur Polywell. Check out his pictures. There are a couple very blurry pictures of an air plasma within the copper wire-wrapped teflon Polywell inside the vacuum chamber. I believe the electron gun is the circular thing in the lower center (and slightly to the right) on the far side of the Polywell magrid, and the dark rectangle on the right is the ceramic holder of the tungsten Langmuir probe, which is collecting the data on electron confinement.

Zara
    Participant

It’s good to see that we are figuring out the inductance or neutrino energy seide of this. We have understood the positron for quite some time the neutrino side though has it’s risks and should be only done using privatly held conversations for at least the forseeable future.

vansig
    Participant

Zara wrote: It’s good to see that we are figuring out the inductance or neutrino energy seide of this. We have understood the positron for quite some time the neutrino side though has it’s risks and should be only done using privatly held conversations for at least the forseeable future.

Zara, there are billions of neutrinos passing through you right now. don’t worry

Zara
    Participant

Maybe they should be passing toward many people… I wouldn’t have explained it to you if I meant ill toward anyone and you all know that if you ever worked with me. I do not stand for anyone getting in the way of science and it’s advancement though and do not stand for it to be used to harm others. There is a lot involved and at steak. This asshole keeps getting touched. Fill the Pool.

Brian H
    Participant

Zara wrote:

There is a lot involved and at steak. This asshole keeps getting touched. Fill the Pool.

I think your steak is now very well done. Totally congealed.

Matt M
    Participant

I think that first slide is actually a flux capacitor.

Seriously, if Suppes can figure out how to trap the electrons in his polywell that is terrific.
    I can only imagine what the scientists with the big ticket fusion programs will say if someone
    working on a shoestring beats them like a drum.

Zara
    Participant

Well they’ve knocked it out for at least three more passes..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.