The Focus Fusion Society Forums Environmental Forums transformative development and planetary boundaries.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    emmetb
    Participant

Johan Rockstrom is an unusually sane voice in the ongoing environmental debate:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/johan_rockstrom_let_the_environment_guide_our_development.html
    Clearly FF fits the bill as far as transformative development is concerned.

Brian H
    Participant

Not tea bags, aside from a half-dozen or so serious false assumptions. But I certainly agree that FF is transformative; it renders almost all of the issues and problems he claims to be ‘solving’ moot. Surplus energy is something completely outside his world-view, though.

emmetb
    Participant

Well it’s no panacea. I don’t agree it renders these issues moot. I do agree that power is key, if that’s what you mean. Note he’s not solving anything; he’s setting a safe operating space. How to stay within that space he puts as a challenge and an oportunity for transformative change. His emphasis on change and human creativity puts him ahead of the curve: not too conservative, but not reckless either. Can’t help it: that sort ‘o stuff resonates with me 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.