Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Charles Wilcox
    Participant

Anyone an astronomy junkie? Need a daily fix of space-imagery and some intellectually challenging paradigm discussion?

thunderbolts.info is a website that hosts articles by a variety of proponents of the Plasma Cosmology & Electric Universe theories. They take the format of NASA’s Astronomy Picture of the Day, having a different picture everyday, along with an article discussing the astronomical significance. In contrast, thunderbolts.info challenge the currently popular Big Bang theory, and pushes forward aspects of Plasma Cosmology and the Electric Universe.

Those who choose to take a tour there, remember to take everything as a grain of salt, and to understand your biases before making judgments.

pluto
    Participant

Hello All

I find it very interesting reading

Good work

Rezwan
    Participant

I love the thunderbolts site, but at the same time, they get a bit weird with the idea that the planets were flying around in a very different way a few thousand years ago and this led to all the mythological imagery that we have today. What’s up with the need to explain myths? I think it tarnishes their credibility.

jjohnson
    Participant

Not everyone comes to the Thunderbolts site from mythical origins. Don’t let that put you off. I stumbled onto it just trying to find better explanations of how things actually work. Peratt’s textbook and Maxwell’s equations, among other pioneering work, serve pretty well for this enthusiast. The idea that there may be plasma/electrical influences that affect things other than stars and galaxies is intriguing, and obviously discussed and debated there, but the great thing is that everyone accepts the odd views (depends on your own perspective, of course) and keeps on plugging for better electrical explanations. You can’t let wackos deflect from understanding reality. One also always has to ask, “what if they are right?” Skepticism and open minds and hard work with critical thinking needed in any scientific enquiry.

I think very many at TB are also keenly interested in and impressed by the careful, pragmatic progress by FocusFusion, and are less than impressed by the 6 decades of taxpayer-busting by conventional fusion research models based on unobserved conditions inside our star. Not to mention LIGO and the sometimes implausible explanations in the APOD titles. Why don’t they teach astronomers electricity and plasma? is one of our continuing questions.

And I love your transparency and technical plan with milestones, and discussion of how do we handle the technical and social and economic consequences if this works out well? You are a great group and you have the support of a lot many more than appear in print.

Jim

Rezwan
    Participant

Good points, and Thanks!

Charles Wilcox
    Participant

Rezwan,

I sympathize with your initial reaction. It took me awhile to understand this juxtaposition.

The Thunderbolts Project is a collaboration between two disciplines, The Electric Universe ( an extension of the Plasma Universe ) as championed by Wallace Thornhill, and Comparative Mythology, specifically the Polar Configuration ( an extension of works popularized by people like Immanuel Velikovsky ) as championed by David Talbott.

It seems to me you are more interested in The Electric Universe. I would suggest:
    – Wallace Thornhill’s website: http://www.holoscience.com
    – Wallace Thornhill & David Talbott’s book: The Electric Universe
    – Don Scott’s book: The Electric Sky.

I find the Comparative Mythology parts more challenging. The basic thoughts behind it are that there are many, extraordinary similarities between ancient mythologies around the world. The best explanation for this similarity is that cultures around the world witnessed extraordinary events and enshrined the memory of those events in myths.

The Thunderbolts Project brings both disciplines together, and each benefits:
    – The Electric Universe provides a physics that can explain how the Polar Configuration was possible, along with how the planets interacted as the Polar Configuration decayed.
    – Comparative Mythology provides a set of historic observations that only make sense under the Electric Universe. These observations help confirm the Electric Universe theory, and falsify contemporary astronomy theories. The Comparative Mythology history also leads to new predictions about the solar system ( such as electric planetary scarring ) that will eventually be verified or disqualified, predictions that contemporary astronomy could never predict.

I find the Comparative Mythology investigation more satisfying than our contemporary impulse to completely discount our ancestors’ ardent attempts to preserve these stories, these epic, historic accounts.

P.S. Here are some recent links regarding Comparative Mythology / The Polar Configuration:
    – Two-part presentation given by David Talbott, introducing the concept and the history of Thunderbolts Project.
    – “Electric Universe & The Future of Science – Part 1”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0WW-VVtdo8
    – “Electric Universe & The Future of Science – Part 2”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFTDcTDQgo
    – Two “Thunderbolts Picture of the Day” articles about how we interpret ancient stories and relics.
    – “That One Story Again”: http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2011/arch11/110520story.htm
    – “The Voice of the Peoples”: http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2010/arch10/100902voice.htm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.