The Focus Fusion Society Forums Environmental Forums Sustainable Energy Without the Hot Air needs a pB11 update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

As posted on the website. This book is a great choice for the Focus Fusion Society Book Club 🙂 (Note to members, we need to set up a FFS Book Club : ))

You can get the book for free from http://www.withouthotair.com/

This is a great resource material and point of departure for the Energy League and Brackets campaign.

Rezwan
    Participant

I love how he describes fusion:

Fusion Power is speculative and experimental. I think it is reckless to assume that the fusion problem will be cracked, but I’m happy to estimate how much power fusion could deliver, if the problem is cracked.

But he only looks at DT and DD fusion. We’ll need to get pB11 into the next edition.

In any case, his conclusion is that, if cracked, Deterium based fusion offers plentiful sustainable energy for millions of years. The info graphic from this page is great for perspective on just how much energy in comparison to all other sources! And that’s just DD. How do we calculate pB11 for this info graphic?

Attached files

Rezwan
    Participant

The small image on the left in the above post is from the info graphic that answers the question: Can we live on Renewables? (attached here).

All these other graphs aside, who wants to take a stab at showing how much energy there will be if we crack the pB11 fusion problem?

Attached files

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.