Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Breakable
    Keymaster

Some SEO seems to be in order. This is website title in GOOGLE:
    Books

Yes, SEO is in order. Working on it. Suggestions welcome.

I didn’t get what you meant by the second sentence.

Oh! Now I see. I type in “focus fusion” and google returns our site, but with the header “books”. This is new. I shall look into it.

Hey, Google webmaster diagnostics, very nice. I’ve updated the meta tag for the index page, but it will take a while for this to appear in Google’s search engine, as they have to re-crawl/index it. Now to see if I can improve the other pages.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Breakable
    Keymaster

You are welcome.
    Sorry for being so obscure, but I hope it was fun to figure it out.

Aeronaut
    Participant

Here’s another eyeopener: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordTool

Click the button to get Google’s opinion of what focusfusion.org is about, and the only clear themes are nuclear power, followed by energy. Looks like we need to pick some keywords that we want to be known for.

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote: Here’s another eyeopener: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordTool

Click the button to get Google’s opinion of what focusfusion.org is about, and the only clear themes are nuclear power, followed by energy. Looks like we need to pick some keywords that we want to be known for.

😉 How about quick-clean-cheap fusion power?
    By “quick” I mean: if you consider the time it takes to design, approve, fund, and build ONE fission plant, you’re probably looking at 15 years. In half that time, FF generators will be in production. Once begun, the race is over. The cost of one 1150MW nuclear plant is about $3.5bn to $7bn. For that amount of money, you could site, insure, and emplace 7-14,000 FF generators, at least, producing about 10X as much power. With NO follow-on waste storage and disposal costs. In the 7 or 8 years of production by 25 factories, that would require only about 60/yr per factory.

And the power costs would be at least 10x lower, of course.

Aeronaut
    Participant

Brian H wrote:

By “quick” I mean: if you consider the time it takes to design, approve, fund, and build ONE fission plant, you’re probably looking at 15 years. In half that time, FF generators will be in production. Once begun, the race is over. The cost of one 1150MW nuclear plant is about $3.5bn to $7bn. For that amount of money, you could site, insure, and emplace 7-14,000 FF generators, at least, producing about 10X as much power. With NO follow-on waste storage and disposal costs. In the 7 or 8 years of production by 25 factories, that would require only about 60/yr per factory.

Excellent summary, Brian. I’ll work that into one or more articles to bypass the search engines and drive mass opinion at the business executive level, submitting these articles to print media like business magazines and newspapers.

Here’s the gotcha- the catch 22 or chicken and egg with the search engines- we need to use keywords that a lot of people type into the search engines most days, while choosing keywords that don’t have a lot of other sites competing for them. Nobody, but nobody (statistically speaking), will look at Google’s 2nd page.

The more competitive the keyword- say green energy or alternate energy, the more links we need to build, meaning the longer its going to take to get on page one, unless we use PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising, which can be an expensive gamble.

A much safer $380 gamble is to write and pay the highest level promo fee at PRWeb.com . This press release could announce that we have the capacitors in hand, are building the breakeven machine, and licenses can be obtained at [web address and/or phone #] The reason for the promo fee is that it guarantees the press release is picked up by API, Google News, the blogosphere, podcast , et al.

In short, it guarantees the news story becomes front page news, and the resulting traffic influx is in-freaking-credible.

Another cheap way to get targeted traffic is to advertise on StumbleUpon. Each visitor only costs a flat rate 5 cents, so you can get 1,000 viewers for only $50.00. If those visitors deem ff.org to be in-freaking-credible, most of them will mark it thumbs up and it just might spread through the web like wildfire.

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote:

Excellent summary, Brian. I’ll work that into one or more articles to bypass the search engines and drive mass opinion at the business executive level, submitting these articles to print media like business magazines and newspapers.

Here’s the gotcha- the catch 22 or chicken and egg with the search engines- we need to use keywords that a lot of people type into the search engines most days, while choosing keywords that don’t have a lot of other sites competing for them. Nobody, but nobody (statistically speaking), will look at Google’s 2nd page.

The more competitive the keyword- say green energy or alternate energy, the more links we need to build, meaning the longer its going to take to get on page one, unless we use PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising, which can be an expensive gamble.

A much safer $380 gamble is to write and pay the highest level promo fee at PRWeb.com . This press release could announce that we have the capacitors in hand, are building the breakeven machine, and licenses can be obtained at [web address and/or phone #] The reason for the promo fee is that it guarantees the press release is picked up by API, Google News, the blogosphere, podcast , et al.

In short, it guarantees the news story becomes front page news, and the resulting traffic influx is in-freaking-credible.

Another cheap way to get targeted traffic is to advertise on StumbleUpon. Each visitor only costs a flat rate 5 cents, so you can get 1,000 viewers for only $50.00. If those visitors deem ff.org to be in-freaking-credible, most of them will mark it thumbs up and it just might spread through the web like wildfire.

Both of the latter sound worth doing. More than one arrow in the quiver.

But I still reserve judgment about whether public interest is a big priority now that the actual research is funded and proceeding. I think that a “proof of the pudding is in the eating” strategy is the real deal. When licenses are about to be offered, the buzz will be deafening. IMO.

Aeronaut
    Participant

Scarcity and Urgency are the cornerstone hot-buttons of advertising. Presented as a high-stakes game of which visionary execs were the first ten to push the bandwagon, we have a whole ‘nother ball game called one-upmanship and corporate bragging rights. This means FF gets a free ride on their high-powered marketing machines.

Near the end of the Google Talk, Eric goes over the “other DPF brands”. What really caught my attention there is that Tri-Alpha’s machine is crippled on the drawing board by using electromagnets, resulting in more power to run the beast, and the resulting poor plasma density. There seems to be something about massive electromagnets that turns investors on.

The Emperor’s New Suit is a possible counter to that type of thinking. Maybe pitching it as “Looking For 100 Visionary Executives Who Prefer Results to Promises.”

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote: Scarcity and Urgency are the cornerstone hot-buttons of advertising. Presented as a high-stakes game of which visionary execs were the first ten to push the bandwagon, we have a whole ‘nother ball game called one-upmanship and corporate bragging rights. This means FF gets a free ride on their high-powered marketing machines.

Near the end of the Google Talk, Eric goes over the “other DPF brands”. What really caught my attention there is that Tri-Alpha’s machine is crippled on the drawing board by using electromagnets, resulting in more power to run the beast, and the resulting poor plasma density. There seems to be something about massive electromagnets that turns investors on.

The Emperor’s New Suit is a possible counter to that type of thinking. Maybe pitching it as “Looking For 100 Visionary Executives Who Prefer Results to Promises.”

My opinion is that you can get net energy output from fusion by being very big (a star) to contain the forces involved, or very small (FF plasmoids). Attempting to maintain steady-state fusion in the “middle world” of human-scale devices is a very marginal, possibly fruitless, undertaking, partly because of the non-linear nature of the energy fluxes involved. They tend to spike and burst through any containment and wreak havoc.

Aeronaut
    Participant

Brian H wrote:
    My opinion is that you can get net energy output from fusion by being very big (a star) to contain the forces involved, or very small (FF plasmoids). Attempting to maintain steady-state fusion in the “middle world” of human-scale devices is a very marginal, possibly fruitless, undertaking, partly because of the non-linear nature of the energy fluxes involved. They tend to spike and burst through any containment and wreak havoc.

We understand that, but funders seem to need something tangible like toroidal electromagnets 8 feet across that weigh tons. I’ll never forget the first time I saw a picture of a tokamak’s interior, for instance.

Judo’s strategy of using the opponent’s momentum against him was universally known in the early 60’s, but the entire confinement coil mentality harks back to the “macho is its own reward” era- mainly the 50s and beyond. Actually it never really died, people just began expressing it through big cars, big dogs, big budgets, big magnets, etc. That’s why I’m targeting Visionaries who aren’t overly concerned with what the crowd thinks. People who appreciate elegant design, such as Judo.

Maybe we could use the buzzword “Go With The Flow!”

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote:

We understand that, but funders seem to need something tangible like toroidal electromagnets 8 feet across that weigh tons. I’ll never forget the first time I saw a picture of a tokamak’s interior, for instance.

Judo’s strategy of using the opponent’s momentum against him was universally known in the early 60’s, but the entire confinement coil mentality harks back to the “macho is its own reward” era- mainly the 50s and beyond. Actually it never really died, people just began expressing it through big cars, big dogs, big budgets, big magnets, etc. That’s why I’m targeting Visionaries who aren’t overly concerned with what the crowd thinks. People who appreciate elegant design, such as Judo.

Maybe we could use the buzzword “Go With The Flow!”
    Small is powerful.

It’s late, so I’ll tell you my Samuri joke.

Did you hear what the 3′ tall Samuri yelled as he went into battle, chopping his opponents off at the knees and ankles?

“Bonsai!”

🙂 :red: :sick: 😛 😆 :coolsmirk:

Aeronaut
    Participant

Love it, Brian. “Fist high to me is waist-high to you” could have been used, too.

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote: Love it, Brian. “Fist high to me is waist-high to you” could have been used, too.

Which now reminds me of an image, which I can’t post here, but is at: http://tinyurl.com/ObamaFloat .

Question: what is Hillary holding on to?

Answer: His Stimulus Package!

:coolgrin:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.