Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

Mike writes:

a quick question for you: is it possible to sign up for an RSS feed or some similar protocol for the FFS forums? I have trouble keeping up with all the new discussion threads, so an e-mail that pops into my inbox would be extremely helpful.

As far as I know, you can get the RSS feed by scrolling to the bottom of the screen and clicking on either the orange or blue RSS or Atom feed buttons and following the directions. This will keep you posted of new threads that pop up.

For keeping track of older threads, if you’ve posted to that thread, you’re automatically enrolled to be notified of updates. If you don’t want to be notified, you have to uncheck the “notify me via email when someone posts” button below the posting window.

If you want to subscribe to a single thread that you find interesting, but don’t want to post you can always click the “Subscribe to this thread” link in the top right corner, beneath the “New Topic” button (see picture below).

For the RSS feed – I’ve noticed that when there is a new post in a thread, the RSS feed only shows you the first post. This is annoying because it doesn’t show you the most recent message. Rather, it will alert you that something new has been posted in that thread.

I don’t know how to keep a thread out of your RSS feed. We’ll have to look into this.

Are there any other RSS feed issues we should check out? Let me know.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.