The Focus Fusion Society Forums Focus Fusion Cafe Regulations on Independant Experimentation with Focus Fusion and Sonofusion type Reactors

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brian H
    Participant

Mstry4u wrote: As you like, it still facinates me that although we can’t seem to comprehend using this high tech nano material in construction that they managed to do it over 5,000 years ago. It is also interesting to note that an emporer of the time burned all the books on alchemy because they had discovered how to turn lead into gold and were concerned about it’s disruption to the financial stability. Now we all know that lead into gold is a fairy tale, but in modern physics it is possible to turn mercury into gold with a neutron source through noble metal transmutation, regardless of how picky about spelling you are I still find this amazing don’t you?

Now that’s just goofy. The Chinese ancients did not have liquid helium, and the material has nothing special in that way at room temp. And they had no f’ing clue about how to transmute elements. Sorry, I thought you had a brain; my mistake.

Mstry4u
    Participant

Now that’s just goofy. The Chinese ancients did not have liquid helium, and the material has nothing special in that way at room temp. And they had no f’ing clue about how to transmute elements. Sorry, I thought you had a brain; my mistake.

Wow, you went to the wolves quickly. First of all I said nothing about Chinese ancients having liquid helium nor do I presume to know that they had any knowledge of how to transmute metals. I think my time in this forum is over if all you have to offer is spelling corrections and insults. Nor BTW did I ever say anything about wanting to build a neutrino detector, for those who seem to think that was my MO. It really is fascinating how you all fill in the gaps that I leave bare with your own assumptions. I think I’m done in this forum as you seem to have little else to offer. Thanks so much for the insults… Sr. Member Brian … enjoy your forum

Mstry4u
    Participant

I guess I’m not gone that easily … I understand that we may not know each other and I’m a pretty exccentric fella whose travelled around the globe and studied a lot of oddball things in archeology / physics / art … I’m way too easy going and simpliy fascinated and curious to accept your insult … so there … you can have it back.

Now that’s done … the question still stands … can a neutrino pass through the restricted dimension of a layer of barium leaded glass in a liquid (helium) cooled BEC state, regardless of timeline.

ps: my brains are fine brian … thanx

Brian H
    Participant

Mstry4u wrote: I guess I’m not gone that easily … I understand that we may not know each other and I’m a pretty exccentric fella whose travelled around the globe and studied a lot of oddball things in archeology / physics / art … I’m way too easy going and simpliy fascinated and curious to accept your insult … so there … you can have it back.

Now that’s done … the question still stands … can a neutrino pass through the restricted dimension of a layer of barium leaded glass in a liquid (helium) cooled BEC state, regardless of timeline.

ps: my brains are fine brian … thanx

Sorry for the insult, but “… we can’t seem to comprehend using this high tech nano material in construction that they managed to do it over 5,000 years ago.” We understand fine how to use it in ordinary ways, and it presents no problems or surprises for us or the Chinese at room temp; the “high tech nano” aspect, whatever that is, is a function of very low temperature physics. So there is nothing in common.

“It is also interesting to note that an emporer of the time burned all the books on alchemy because they had discovered how to turn lead into gold and were concerned about it’s disruption to the financial stability. Now we all know that lead into gold is a fairy tale, but in modern physics it is possible to turn mercury into gold with a neutron source through noble metal transmutation, regardless of how picky about spelling you are I still find this amazing don’t you?” The parallel is merely a result of comparable densities; worldwide, “alchemists” were trying and claiming to “switch” the two and that kind of similarity-magic thinking was a dead end that absorbed huge amounts of brainpower and effort for centuries, with zero benefit to science or society. Your assertion that “they had discovered how to turn lead into gold” sounded like a flat-out assertion of the value and validity of alchemy to me. Notwithstanding your subsequent acknowledgment that it is/was a “fairy tale”.

What is more interesting is the insight of the Emperor in understanding the importance of a stable medium of economic exchange; there are many who consider much of the current financial turmoil to be a consequence of losing sight of that.

BEC states and neutrinos are not linked in any of the literature I’ve heard about, nor is there any reason to think neutrinos would find BEC any harder to penetrate than other matter; you have not referenced anything that suggests otherwise.

Mstry4u
    Participant

In the BEC state, magnetic waves propagate simultaneously in all of three directions (up-down, forward-backward and left-right). At the quantum critical point, however, the waves stop propagating in the up-down dimension, causing the magnetic ripples to exist in only two dimensions, much the same way as ripples are confined to the surface of a pond.

This “geometrical frustration” makes it difficult for the magnetic waves to propagate in the third up-down dimension, which leads to its two-dimensionality.

After discussing the neutrino topic on this site it is clear to me that neutrinos are less likely an issue, and after looking over a few things I’m wondering if gravity waves might be hindered by this BEC material due to the restriction of magnetic waves? However it is my understanding that matter is even more transparent to gravity waves (? ie. no mass) so how would gravity waves play across this magnetic wave/dimension restriction? none or some? Does a strong magnetic wave field affect a weak gravitational force or field wave.

I’m no PhD in Physics and come to this forum hoping for insight, I’m just a hypercurious easy going eccentric individual with no bones to pick with anybody, so nice clean discussion is more what I’m interested in here. I don’t mind doing my homework and taking a complex topic to the extent of my understanding, even if this challenges previous scientific assumptions, because this is how we innovate. And I really don’t mind being wrong either, cause that’s how we learn.

So how about it, is there any possibility that gravity waves might be hindered by a material in a BEC state? ideas?

Brian H
    Participant

Mstry4u wrote:

In the BEC state, magnetic waves propagate simultaneously in all of three directions (up-down, forward-backward and left-right). At the quantum critical point, however, the waves stop propagating in the up-down dimension, causing the magnetic ripples to exist in only two dimensions, much the same way as ripples are confined to the surface of a pond.

This “geometrical frustration” makes it difficult for the magnetic waves to propagate in the third up-down dimension, which leads to its two-dimensionality.

So how about it, is there any possibility that gravity waves might be hindered by a material in a BEC state? ideas?

The nature, or even the existence, of gravity waves is a fraught topic. IF the experiments at CERN provide any indication of the existence of the Higgs “God” particle, some insight may relate to BEC. A gravity/inertia boson is a pretty wild concept!

Mstry4u
    Participant

In a BEC state material, the bosons resonate at the same quantum frequency … So say you have a barrier plane of BEC barium leaded glass … would the dimensional restriction of magnetic waves also apply to gravitational waves? I’m not sure what you mean by gravity/inertia boson? It seems to me that we might be looking at a graviton/boson interaction? And could you elaborate on the fraught topic of gravity waves. I understand that we have had trouble detecting gravity waves and have been able to do so through interferometry for example with LIGO is this what you mean?

As for CERN I have other questions … could LHC be likened to a loop antenna that when charged might create a perpendicular vector of energy transfer between the atmospheric electricity in the ionosphere and the telluric currents or earth’s core/dynamo?
    Similar to electromagnetic whistler waves generated by charging a loop antenna.
    I have been pondering this for days then came across an article this morning discussing it a bit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7626256.stm
    It sounds as though Tevatron also experiences issues with atmospheric electricity. I don’t know if a looping particle beam of protons could count as a loop antenna, but I don’t see why not.

Curiosities abound I know … it will be interesting to see what LHC brings to the table as far as Higgs goes. Some answers take time until then we guess and play with ideas.

Brian H
    Participant

Mstry4u wrote: In a BEC state material, the bosons resonate at the same quantum frequency … So say you have a barrier plane of BEC barium leaded glass … would the dimensional restriction of magnetic waves also apply to gravitational waves? I’m not sure what you mean by gravity/inertia boson? It seems to me that we might be looking at a graviton/boson interaction? And could you elaborate on the fraught topic of gravity waves. I understand that we have had trouble detecting gravity waves and have been able to do so through interferometry for example with LIGO is this what you mean?

As for CERN I have other questions … could LHC be likened to a loop antenna that when charged might create a perpendicular vector of energy transfer between the atmospheric electricity in the ionosphere and the telluric currents or earth’s core/dynamo?
    Similar to electromagnetic whistler waves generated by charging a loop antenna.
    I have been pondering this for days then came across an article this morning discussing it a bit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7626256.stm
    It sounds as though Tevatron also experiences issues with atmospheric electricity. I don’t know if a looping particle beam of protons could count as a loop antenna, but I don’t see why not.

Curiosities abound I know … it will be interesting to see what LHC brings to the table as far as Higgs goes. Some answers take time until then we guess and play with ideas.

It’s one thing to think about gravity and its transmission, but quite another to consider that inertia is a separable characteristic of any mass, “residing” in a Higgs boson. Could you theoretically then “take” the inertia of an object and put it somewhere else, or dissipate it?

Gravity waves traveling at lightspeed are also a peculiar concept, IMO. I haven’t seen (which doesn’t necessarily mean much) anything about the “breaking” of gravitational influence of parts of the universe receding from each other at speeds >C. They never see each other’s light; are they also beyond gravitational interaction?

I’m not up on the magnetism-centered cosmology that Eric espouses, so you might ask him about some of these planetary-sized currents that you are postulating.

Mstry4u
    Participant

Here is a good discussion about Higgs and Graviton: http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=78993

I have heard that spinning a superconducting disk may reduce gravity above it forming almost a gravity shield. Perhaps some part of the inertia of mass wrapped up spacetime curvature is captured or somehow dissipated in this process, but I think gravity shielding is still under review (?). Hope that makes sense..

Climate dynamics and atmospheric electricity is a little more up my alley, high energy particle physics and BEC has been a fascination of late, so I’m still getting a grasp on concepts here.

It would be pretty wild if LCH had a fundamental flaw in its interaction with atmospheric electricity that rendered the entire experiment defunked. It would be one of the biggest and most expensive lessons (oops) in physics.

Brian H
    Participant

Mstry4u wrote: Here is a good discussion about Higgs and Graviton: http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=78993

I have heard that spinning a superconducting disk may reduce gravity above it forming almost a gravity shield. Perhaps some part of the inertia of mass wrapped up spacetime curvature is captured or somehow dissipated in this process, but I think gravity shielding is still under review (?). Hope that makes sense..

Climate dynamics and atmospheric electricity is a little more up my alley, high energy particle physics and BEC has been a fascination of late, so I’m still getting a grasp on concepts here.

It would be pretty wild if LCH had a fundamental flaw in its interaction with atmospheric electricity that rendered the entire experiment defunked. It would be one of the biggest and most expensive lessons (oops) in physics.

Heh. I doubt it will be “defunked”. 😉 And the planetary fields are rather too dispersed and faint at any given locale, IMO, to impact the experiment. Remember they’re using millions of protons, not just one or two at a time.

Brian H.

Mstry4u
    Participant

Say it generated a massive charge imbalance in the ionosphere interfering with broadcast reception, that LHC was powerful enough to generate a massive whistler like plasma bubble in the ionosphere-magnetosphere coupling, it wouldn’t be the planetary fields that would concern me, but the fields generated by LHC the very fact that the planetary field is weak by comparison may make it more subject (maybe) to the possibility of perturbation. If power-lines can create PLHR Powerline Harmonic Radiation signatures in the magnetosphere it does make me wonder if LHC would leave a trace in atmospheric plasma. Even earthquakes have pre-signatures detectable in the ionospheric plasma.

“Electromagnets at the LHC need to be this cold to be superconducting, or at peak efficiency, in order to deliver extremely high magnetic fields in the 27 km ring of 1200 giant magnets and thousands of smaller ones, at 8.33 Teslas or about 200,000 times the earth’s magnetic field strength.”

It would be interesting if the shift of magnetic north increased it’s speed due to some effect. Or imagine magnetic north centering on LHC, now that would be a trip and one hell of a ride. I had a dream years ago that I was sent back in time from the future to just before a major catastrophe to discover it’s source and there was a global communications blackout due to an electromagnetic burst being sent off the planet. However dreams are dreams right? Not reality.

I hope it works after all, I’m planning a (now postponed) party to celebrate our continued existance on our fine planet in the wake of any evaporating black holes. It will probably work fine, besides we’ve gotten plenty of research done with Tevatron without any major catastrophies.

Brian H
    Participant

Mstry4u wrote: Say it generated a massive charge imbalance in the ionosphere interfering with broadcast reception, that LHC was powerful enough to generate a massive whistler like plasma bubble in the ionosphere-magnetosphere coupling, it wouldn’t be the planetary fields that would concern me, but the fields generated by LHC the very fact that the planetary field is weak by comparison may make it more subject (maybe) to the possibility of perturbation. If power-lines can create PLHR Powerline Harmonic Radiation signatures in the magnetosphere it does make me wonder if LHC would leave a trace in atmospheric plasma. Even earthquakes have pre-signatures detectable in the ionospheric plasma.

“Electromagnets at the LHC need to be this cold to be superconducting, or at peak efficiency, in order to deliver extremely high magnetic fields in the 27 km ring of 1200 giant magnets and thousands of smaller ones, at 8.33 Teslas or about 200,000 times the earth’s magnetic field strength.”

It would be interesting if the shift of magnetic north increased it’s speed due to some effect. Or imagine magnetic north centering on LHC, now that would be a trip and one hell of a ride. I had a dream years ago that I was sent back in time from the future to just before a major catastrophe to discover it’s source and there was a global communications blackout due to an electromagnetic burst being sent off the planet. However dreams are dreams right? Not reality.

I hope it works after all, I’m planning a (now postponed) party to celebrate our continued existance on our fine planet in the wake of any evaporating black holes. It will probably work fine, besides we’ve gotten plenty of research done with Tevatron without any major catastrophies.

Well, a local ripple isn’t enough to flip the field, since that’s generated by flows in and around the Earth’s core. Which is mostly VERY heavy (compressed) iron. Face it. The LHC is one very small potato in a 5,000,000-gallon stew.

Mstry4u
    Participant

Oh I doubt it would do any flipping, but the atmospheric effects I’d turn the DEMETER Micro Satellite on any day. I’m sure after that last storm licked the power generator going to the liquid helium coolant they are turning all there atmospheric toys to listen into that region of the ionosphere coupling.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.