Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SJ Student
    Participant

I heard Quantum Magnetic Field effect can reduce bremsstrahlung using gigagauss magnetic field. But I can’t understand how can produce such intense magnetic field in the small machine. I know Japan’s LFEX facility that produced kilotesla magnetic field, but LFEX is very large machine. Is it really possible in the Dense Plasma Focus?

PlasmaLord
    Participant

The answer is becouse of very high current and narrow distance. Te get an idea of the strength take the formula for magnetic around a wires with a current I. B=I*2*10(exp-7)/(2*pi*r) r distance from the wires. The plasma focus is rather a coil then a straight pinch, but it gives you an idea what magnitude it can be. r is about a few microns and I more than MA. Say I = 1 MA and r = 1,0*10(exp-5) that would give B=300 000 Tessla wich is awful much. Just a very rough estimate.

PlasmaLord
    Participant

Here we are. For a flat coil, which is the nearest kind of coil like the focus fusrion the magnetic field is B=μ*N*I/(2*r). Same figures again but N=1 gives
    B=2*10(exp-7)*1/(2*1,0*10(exp-5))= 10 000 Tesla which still is a awful lot. It doesn’t matter how many turns the coil has. Either you take number of turns and current in each of them or all current and one lap, which I did, since sum of current is the only thing I know. I think that such kind of magnetic field, though it’s very strong is also very narrow. It will not change the direction of any ones compass.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.