The Focus Fusion Society Forums Aneutronic Fusion Problems with UV sensor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    malaga2022
    Participant

I have set a wide range and quick photodiode in order to measure output radiation of my device.
    Photodiode was SFH-213 that responds as 0.6A/W between 550-1050nm. Then when I separate to 2.5m, response has a big peak and at 50% more far the response was almost flat but lot lower. I think response lower at 1/distance^3, so perhaps I must set sensor at shorter distance, but it would be toasted, because at 2.5m I have 40mApk.
    It exist some kind method to measure lots of X and UV with low sensivity and high speed sensor?

The two best UV/X-ray sensors that have fast time response (<1 ns) and are radiation hard are GaAs sensors sold by Nutrek and diamond sensors sold by Diamond detectors limited in the UK and Alameda Applied Sciences Corp in the US. The calibration of each detector varies from unit to unit but both are extremely radiation hard. Nominal values for diamond sensitivity are 1E-4 A/W above the band gap of ~5 eV.

Another thought, if you are using Si, you are saturating your detector. The total charge read out is preserved but the time history is incorrect. If you are working on a yield sensor, your Si might be fine. If you are interested in time response, you need to limit the input aperture or switch to a less sensitive material.

malaga2022
    Participant

Thank you for the sensors information, in the web does not appear, perhaps such sensors are not standard and I have to send them an email.
    I have not information at the sensor datasheet about saturating current, it may be due they are usually used at lot less illumination

I also have seen BaF2 scintillator, it performance may be good and it is not hygroscopic and can be irradiated up to 10^5 Gray

Attached files

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.