Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Breakable
    Keymaster

Got some vacation, so I thought about sharing some ideas for posters. I believe space theme is quite perspective.
    The art is from google search (and my photoshop, or you could say GIMP skills are crappy), so it is definitely just a prototype. Anyone cares to do it the proper way?

View post on imgur.com

Rezwan
    Participant

Looks good to me!

Perhaps a box on the side with some links to info about fusion and space flight could be handy. Speaking of which, what are some definitive links to info on fusion and space flight?

zapkitty
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: Looks good to me!

Perhaps a box on the side with some links to info about fusion and space flight could be handy. Speaking of which, what are some definitive links to info on fusion and space flight?

Since NASA was banned from the fusion arena all that’s left is a variety of threads on different forums and an assortment of papers, most of which are dated by now.

Breakable
    Keymaster

Probably we would need to work something out, I would love to speculate on this idea. Basically all it boils down is cheap energy == affordable space flight.

zapkitty
    Participant

Breakable wrote: Probably we would need to work something out, I would love to speculate on this idea. Basically all it boils down is cheap energy == affordable space flight.

It depends as well on the readiness level of the technology for a given application. For example my FOOF stuff was about getting a grip on how FFs work and how quickly test units might be validated in space using current tech.

At the moment I’m trying integrating custom shielding for aircraft power containment systems using the default FF stats while verifying my ideas on subsonic transports. (Oh damnable C11, why do you torment me so?…)

Breakable
    Keymaster

zapkitty wrote:
    It depends as well on the readiness level of the technology for a given application. For example my FOOF stuff was about getting a grip on how FFs work and how quickly test units might be validated in space using current tech.
    At the moment I’m trying integrating custom shielding for aircraft power containment systems using the default FF stats while verifying my ideas on subsonic transports. (Oh damnable C11, why do you torment me so?…)

I really don’t see why you want to strap a FF reactor to a craft. They are not meant to be designed for that. FF is more about cheap/long running energy source than powerful/light. Unless you want a craft to fly for centuries, this does not make much sense (AKA flying castle). But then probably air balloons would more cost-efficient.
    On the other hand the benefits of cheap/abundant/clean/concentrated energy on material prices/electrical energy and work price(energy==work) would allow you to produce any craft or fuel you want for cheap. Even anti-matter:
    http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/home/antimatter_spaceship.html

You can as well dig evacuated subterranean tunnels (remember that cheap work?) and allow for much faster and cheaper under-continent travel.
    PS:I hope my psychiatrist wont read this, or I am going to the hospital 😀

Breakable
    Keymaster

Another concept idea:

View post on imgur.com

The Doctor
    Participant

Breakable wrote: Another concept idea:
    http://imgur.com/ARHV4

I suggest contacting Blizzard before we use that. lol

Breakable
    Keymaster

As I mentioned these are just ideas, not actual posters.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.