The Focus Fusion Society Forums Plasma Cosmology and BBNH Plasma cosmology vs. BB Theory

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian H
    Participant

Detailing many of the observations incompatible with BB theories:
    http://extropiadasilva.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/transhumanist-thinking-and-the-necessary-rejection-of-the-big-bang

Get past some of the transhumanist philosophizing, and there is a long list of items begging for the attention of Occam’s Razor. BB Theory ends up badly slashed and fatally mutilated, IMO.

tcg
    Participant

Brian H has found a magnificent article, and all should read it. It seems to be inspired in part by “The Big Bang Never Happened,” but the main points are compactly expressed and very quotable.

AaronB
    Participant

I liked the article too. I don’t understand the part about how the sun could be powered by electrical currents running through the galaxy instead of by fusion. Wouldn’t there have to be a side of the sun where the electricity flowed in and a side where it flowed out? Wouldn’t those areas be much brighter, and wouldn’t there be obvious magnetic fields associated with that current? There should be some polarity that could be measured by satellites or visible whenever there is a CME. I just don’t see the evidence for that.

On the other hand, I do think the sun is very electrically active and teeming with magnetic fields, which cause the corona to be so bright. I just think those magnetic fields are generated from inside rather than outside, but with some evidence, I’d be open to other ideas.

benf
    Participant

PhysOrg.com posted the Chandra discovery of a huge halo around the Milky Way, challenges “dark matter” theories. The halo is described as baryonic “hot gas” (plasma).

Henning
    Participant

BTW: Is that 1 million kelvins “gas” the source of the “cosmic microwave background radiation“?

Well, no, never. That would dispute the Big Bang.

tcg
    Participant

Some years ago I read that a mass of hot (1 million degree) gas was detected between the galaxies in the Virgo cluster. It was not considered enough to make up the famous “missing mass,” but this new discovery indicates that there could be substantially more, just diffuse and undetectable at that distance. If the need to postulate mysterious “dark matter” were to disappear, would this affect theories about dark energy?

Other questions arise: Why is this gas so hot, and if it is radiating energy in the form of x-rays, how does it stay so hot? A giant mass of plasma surrounding our galaxy would be a giant, spherical conductor. How would electro-magnetic currents behave within it? How could we detect them?

This discovery is potentially a very big eye-opener.

Impaler
    Participant

The incredibly high temperature of this plasma combined with its mass begs the question “What is the heat source?”. The answer to THAT question is probably going to prove very upsetting to mainstream cosmology.

BTW: I’d consider that this finding supports my hypothesis presented here https://focusfusion.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/877/ that nucleon-synthesis is reversed in break-down reactions occurring in hot plasma expelled by galaxies. The chewed up nucleons erroneous called ‘primordial’ matter (everything is primordial in an eternal universe) then cools and re-enters the galaxy. High mass of plasma and high temperatures were exactly what I predicted as well as the fact the composition would be contaminated to some degree with heavy elements. Likewise http://phys.org/news/2011-11-hubble-galaxies-ultimate-recyclers.html#nRlv supports the recycling flow of material.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.