Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vansig
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: Alex, one more post and you’ll be a “valued friend”. I broke it down at:

Newbie 0-10 posts
    New friend 11-30
    Valued friend 31-100
    Old timer – more than 100.

I can live with that.
    Will it begin displaying my picture when i get to ‘New friend’ status?

Attached files

Rezwan
    Participant

Hi Vansig,

I’ve configured it to show avatars, not photos. I thought people would be more inclined to use an avatar than a picture, being that many people are not ready for self disclosure.

I suppose I could set it up to show a picture if there was no avatar pic, but there was a photo.

It’ll take me a while to get to that. For now, just use your picture as your avatar and it will show up.

Actually, clicking on your name and visiting your profile, I see your photo looks more like an avatar. Is that really you?

vansig
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: Hi Vansig,

I’ve configured it to show avatars, not photos. I thought people would be more inclined to use an avatar than a picture, being that many people are not ready for self disclosure.

I suppose I could set it up to show a picture if there was no avatar pic, but there was a photo.

It’ll take me a while to get to that. For now, just use your picture as your avatar and it will show up.

Actually, clicking on your name and visiting your profile, I see your photo looks more like an avatar. Is that really you?

Aha! got it. this will do. thanks

Allan Brewer
    Participant

An appropriate sized picture uploads and displays correctly if it has a .png or .gif file extension. However a .jpg does not display correctly – gives a tiny picture top left – suggest removing that option.

Rezwan
    Participant

What browser/OS are you using?

Rezwan
    Participant

Also, just tested it. Maybe you need to refresh?

Allan Brewer
    Participant

Hi Rezwan – Am using IE8.
    I just re-looked at the images and maybe I got the scaling wrong for the jpg, picture correct but canvas too big – sorry to waste your time.

Rezwan
    Participant

Not at all. Glad it’s working for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.