The Focus Fusion Society Forums Education "Physics of Focus Fusion" Seminar Edit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DerekShannon
    Participant

Howdy, fusioneers. Good news: we’ve recorded the first “Physics of Focus Fusion” seminar! Now, anybody wanna pitch in and churn the raw footage and slides into a Nova-quality extravaganza? I should be able to manage if no one is particularly eager, but if we’re finally firing again soon that means these could turn into audio-only podcasts ;-D Especially since just importing the files is crashing Premiere Pro CS4 on my ‘puter….

Think big! (and I might steal clips from this, since Eric will be talking a lot about Faraday)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/einstein/

Since PBS doesn’t have the full vid, YouTube: Pt1, Pt2

Mmm, “sexy Einstein….”

Alternatively, we could smooth out the workflow considerably by doing a straight Powerpoint 2010 Broadcast, perhaps embedding or linking to some of the demo videos Eric wants to include. Or even a Google+ Hangout “with extras” (!?), that we’d try and record? Your feedback appreciated.

benf
    Participant

I could work on it in Premiere and/or After Effects. I’d pass on the Microsoft and Google ideas. That’s a different approach I’m not too familiar with. Maybe someone else has tried them out?

DerekShannon
    Participant

Thanks, Ben. Eric is suggesting we re-do the first seminar, since the raw footage isn’t great. If that’s the case we’ll try to do a G+ Hangout, since that would be the most interactive and require the least post-processing. But we are still experimenting, so if you’d like any of those multi-gig video files to play with I could send them to you over Skype or similar.

benf
    Participant

Derek- yes I could take a look now. I haven’t transferred video files using skype but could give it a try. Or is there an FTP site I could pick up from?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.