Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

Found out about this too late. http://fora.tv/live/open_science/open_science_summit_2010

Can someone check it out and see if there is any overlap or inspiration for Focus Fusion. It’s going on now – July 29-31.

> From July 29-31, scientists, hackers, students, patients, and
    > activists will convene to discuss the future of our science/
    > technology paradigm. Topics include: Synthetic Biology, Personal
    > Genomics, Gene Patents, Open Access/Data, the Future of Scientific
    > Publishing and Reputation, Microfinance for Science, DIY Biology,
    > Bio-security, and more.
    >

(Thanks Mark)

Aeronaut
    Participant

We (fusion, let alone aneutronic) weren’t specifically included because the organizers are looking for new frontiers in the existing paradigm so they can develop a new paradigm. I’m sure Eric and Aaron will be asked to keynote the next one.

vansig
    Participant

seems to have a preponderance of bio topics. will aneutronic fusion fit in the new paradigm?

Aeronaut
    Participant

vansig wrote: seems to have a preponderance of bio topics. will aneutronic fusion fit in the new paradigm?

How could they exclude a cheap, clean power source that can even make some of their radioisotopes in-house when built as an ordinary DPF?

Patientman
    Participant

Hi,
    I made the suggestion of monitoring this event, I thought it would add to a base of marketing knowledge that maybe needed (I thought is was also broadcast online). Future events such as “Green Expos” are a chance to get the word out about the Society. Having a booth at some of the major events around the country would be great P.R. If you had a great self-running presentation, staffing could be light.

Another factor about events like these is to gather the positive and negative responses from the public. Find out what they think and find ways to improve Focus Fusion marketing messages.

If you know of other events like this, it would be great to share some of the information found there.

Thanks

Aeronaut
    Participant

Great idea about trade show, PM. The interest and concerns raised in such venues represent potential buyers. I’m in the Great Lakes region, roughly a 5 hr drive to Chicago or Cleveland, but will need a passport to do Ontario.

Patientman
    Participant

Wisconsin is well known for their expo. I will research and post schedules of for the coming year. Minnesota has a “Going Green Expo” in May. The notification window is small unless you contact them first.

Aeronaut
    Participant

Patientman wrote: Wisconsin is well known for their expo. I will research and post schedules of for the coming year. Minnesota has a “Going Green Expo” in May. The notification window is small unless you contact them first.

Both should be in a post-unity world? I’ll find a way to get there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.