The Focus Fusion Society Forums Focus Fusion Cafe Nuclear Power to get around the solar system

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    andrewmdodson
    Participant

This is the basis of what we will need to get around the solar system in a reasonable time frame. Good stuff!

In a nutshell, you accelerate the ions which are the product of fissioning of nuclear fuels. The nuclear fuel is maintained in a confined dusty plasma while it reacts.

zapkitty
    Participant

andrewmdodson wrote: This is the basis of what we will need to get around the solar system in a reasonable time frame. Good stuff!

In a nutshell, you accelerate the ions which are the product of fissioning of nuclear fuels. The nuclear fuel is maintained in a confined dusty plasma while it reacts.

Nope 🙂

… the document you attached is a actually a basic history of the old solid-core fission rockets.

No dusty plasma fission and no fusion.

andrewmdodson
    Participant

heck, The actual PDF I wanted to post is over 5 MB… forum limitations!!

zapkitty
    Participant

andrewmdodson wrote: heck, The actual PDF I wanted to post is over 5 MB… forum limitations!!

Was it this one?
    http://www.rbsp.info/rbs/RbS/PDF/aiaa05.pdf

ikanreed
    Participant

Wasn’t focus fusion a byproduct of a NASA fusion rocket research grant, or have I misremembered my history?

zapkitty
    Participant

ikanreed wrote: Wasn’t focus fusion a byproduct of a NASA fusion rocket research grant, or have I misremembered my history?

NASA was researching the Dense Plasma Focus concept as a high-efficiency fusion drive when the Halliburton administration took power in 2001 and purged any NASA fusion research that might inconvenience the grip the elites have on power sources.

A truly clean fusion space drive would be just too easy to adapt to use Earthside…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.