Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DerekShannon
    Participant

Howdy, fusion friends, we encourage your questions and feedback on the latest report! Some items have already had forums started, so those forums are cross-linked below:

Our November Focus Fusion update can be downloaded in full as a PDF, or jump to specific news items:

A new publication in the European Journal of Physics confirms the promise of Focus Fusion, but opinions differ as to how much X-ray reflection back into the plasmoid will be necessary for the Big Breakthrough. Existing forum thread>> More on LPP website>>

A laser experiment in France has given new visibility to pB11 fusion–That’s the hydrogen-boron fuel combination that is also the target for Focus Fusion! Existing forum thread>> More on LPP website>>

Pinch punctuality sparks international project: The timing of fusion pinches in dense plasma focus devices could provide new insights into impurities. Now the hunt for impurities via punctual and not-so-punctual pinches is on at plasma focus labs around the world! More>>

Thermal shock and erosion checks of our existing tungsten plate look good, so we continue to move forward on a monolithic tungsten cathode. More>>

Motherboard features LPP’s role in fusion race: Check out the full article! More>>

In other news, you can participate virtually in the Climate Colab conference about to get underway at MIT. LPP will have a delegation there, and Dennis Peterson will discuss fusion (including Focus Fusion) at 9:30AM Eastern on Thursday, November 7th.

ikanreed
    Participant

It’s all very promising. What alternative scaling did Dr. Di Vita suggest was a basis of his calculations? How does that formula mesh with existing data from the experiments?

annodomini2
    Participant

Why are the reports not making their way onto the website front page?

DerekShannon
    Participant

@ikanreed, email derek@lpphysics.com for the paper. In the meantime I’ll highlight this section for others:

For example, Di Vita’s scaling laws do not predict the observed I5 scaling of fusion yield, where I is peak current, while the LPP scaling laws do. Similarly, Di Vita’s calculations predict a constant current in the plasmoid or hot spots of about 0.4 MA, while the LPP believes its calculations and theory more accurately predict increasing plasmoid current with increasing peak current.

@annodomini good reminder! I only do the LPP page, though….

benf
    Participant

@ annodomini2

It’s been customary to post LPP newsletters on the home page some time after they have first posted to us. It is LPP’s newsletter and they send it out to their investors and contact list. We will be posting it shortly on our home page.

zapkitty
    Participant

Catching up with the report but first a minor quibble…

Why does “lasers” keep getting capitalized in the LPPX tweets regarding the aneutronic research at Polytechnique?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LPPX/status/397878737993474048?p=v
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LPPX/status/398917963559866368?p=v

It’s already caused a bit of confusion and the origins of the noun as an acronym are long past.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AlvaroMaldades/status/397711653438894080?p=v

DerekShannon
    Participant

LASERS! just get me all-capsy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.