The Focus Fusion Society Forums Research Novel approach to fusion technology

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ed
    Participant

I have recently published an article in Physics Essays outlining a hypothesis that suggests a novel approach to generating a sustainable fusion reaction that might be tried (see article at http://physicsessays.org/doi/abs/10.4006/0836-1398-26.2.326). Note that a test of the principles underlying this approach may be relatively easy and inexpensive. I would be more than happy to discuss the idea if anyone out there is interested. If so, please contact me (either via the forum or by the contact information provided in article).

benf
    Participant

Welcome to the Forum Ed and thanks for posting. Your link returned a “page not found” to me so I’m posting a different &searchHistoryKey;=]link to your publication.

Patientman
    Participant

I wish I had a subscription to every database of information on the planet. Then I could read the stuff that matters. I guess I’ll be patient and wait for the movie. 🙂

Breakable
    Keymaster

I am not a physicist myself, so I cant provide feedback. I am guessing physicist are more busy just to read all the essays available.
    But would suggest to post it on a free-access journal such as http://arxiv.org/ just to increase the likelihood of access and feedback.

Ed
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Breakable. Unfortunately, as part of the publication process with this and many other journals, the author signs over the copyright to the publisher. Thus, posting a “free” copy anywhere else or re-publishing elsewhere would be a copyright violation. So I’m facing a challenge with respect to a method of finding the ear of someone who is in a position to test the idea. All suggestions most welcome!

delt0r
    Participant

you are allowed to give out preprints for academic use only. At least every journal i have ever published in permits this. Some journals give you a special link to do so.

Ed
    Participant

Hi delt0r, yes, the journal may permit me to provide reprints for academic use, but that is quite different from posting on a public website where everyone has access. Normally such a reprint would be a paper copy or link that could be sent to an individual’s email address. At least, that is my understanding of how it works, please correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks!

delt0r
    Participant

So someone can pm you and you can pm them back? A lot of articles that my uni does not have i get this way.

Ed
    Participant

Again, I would have no way of confirming that the recipient is from academia. On the other hand, my email information is posted on the “abstract” link for the article, and if I receive an email request from an “.edu” email, that reprint option may be available.

delt0r
    Participant

seriously? Are you in acidemia? Academic reasons is not the same as at at university. Stop letting every comment a lawyer makes that is *not* legal advice carry any weight.

For the record. I can get access and i am legally allowed to give people a copy for academic reasons in the country I am in.

pm me if required.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.