The Focus Fusion Society Forums Official Announcements Notice of Annual Meeting, September 24, 2011

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

Mark your calendars for the upcoming annual meeting of the Focus Fusion Society.

Ask questions & discuss issues beforehand here.

Your feedback is vital!

Thanks!

jamesr
    Participant

Congratulations to all the new official board members! Together, with a big cheer for Rezwan 🙂

I know its listed on the main website, I thought I just list them again here with links to their main and forum profiles.
    As although some are obvious, I suspect many members & visitors are not aware of who’s who with regard to tying up real names with userid aliases.

Arif BashaArif
    Henning BurdackHenning
    Ben Ferrisbenf
    Ignas GalvelisBreakable
    T. Joseph Nkansah-MahaneyProtoJ
    Linda SchadeLindaSchade
    John ShellitoJShell

For all those that weren’t in the meeting earlier to hear them in person, may I ask that the new board, and those who haven’t posted on here before introduce themselves to the rest of the forum

zapkitty
    Participant

Apparently no posted reminder for the upcoming members meeting?

… and from what I can gather from the emails I received it’s a webinar that’s going to require either windows or a mac running proprietary software in order to attend?

If so, well, I’m running linux here…

Breakable
    Keymaster

I am sorry that Linux incompatibility has not come to my attention earlier, before making a decision on the means of communications.
    This can probably be overcome with the use of virtualisation, or some hacks similar to http://onlinemeeting.lefora.com/2009/12/08/guide-to-using-gotomeeting-on-linux/. I expect we will have some time to choose a better software or service for the next members meeting, but there are also a lot other challenges to resolve such as low participation in the membership meeting.

Breakable
    Keymaster

Btw I send an email reminder a week before the members meeting. I am not sure how many reminders I should have sent and when to have maximum participation and without my email address getting banned or reported for spam (is it not yet?).

zapkitty
    Participant

Breakable wrote: I am sorry that Linux incompatibility has not come to my attention earlier, before making a decision on the means of communications.

Well, this came up in emails dated as far back as 21 Jun 2012… so when you announced that we’d be doing the annual meeting the same way I assumed you’d decided that was the choice we had to go with.

I just wanted to give a heads up to the general membership via the forum and was surprised it had not been mentioned here. I’d just assumed it already had been. But perhaps this could be tied in to greater membership attendance at meetings.

Breakable
    Keymaster

GotoMeeting and GotoWebinar are different software. Of course I should have assumed they have the same compatibility issues, even if I did not know that for sure.
    Although the GotoMeeting seems to have a workaround for Linux
    http://onlinemeeting.lefora.com/2009/12/08/guide-to-using-gotomeeting-on-linux/ maybe that would work for GotoWebinar as well.

Yes there are many issues with finding a proper way to communicate in the board as well as in the whole society. Those communication methods can have different requirements.
    I went with GotoWebinar as I was not familiar with all the issues (and no one raised any), there were not known alternatives and GotoWebinar was tested in previous members meeting.

Breakable
    Keymaster

Thnx for trying to let people know over forums btw. I am not sure which notification method is better, but I guess I missed a lot of them such as facebook and twitter

benf
    Participant

Sorry you missed the meeting Zapkitty. There has been an announcement about the meeting posted on the home page of this website by Breakable since Oct. 24. Also we have brought you into past meetings, working around the technical difficulties with other options. Breakable has gone to some good effort to make that happen. We are a new team picking up the ball and running with it. Let’s keep on trying to work this out.

Breakable
    Keymaster

>I assumed you’d decided that was the choice we had to go with.
    I wish I would get more input before any decisions. GotoWebinar was not a perfect choice, but I did not see any alternatives.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.