Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    takitook
    Participant

Dear friends
    I would like to take your opinions.
    In my new plasma focus device ( I made it for my PHD)
    I have a problem of noises on both current from rogovsky coil and magnetic probe signal, but when it is self discharging most of noises disappear. So I think it is from the trrigering circuit ( made manually).
    I f you could help me how I can solve this problem, I will be thankful a lot for you
    Best wishes
    Takitook

Rezwan
    Participant

Hello Takitook,

No need to post 2 separate topics for this. I deleted your other one.

Also, sounds like you’re a plasma scientist, the kind of person we’ll be setting up another forum for. Can you give us some info about yourself and the program you work for? Go to your control panel and add a picture/bio/other info (open various personal settings on the left). That link is always in the top line of the forum pages, FYI.

The idea is that scientists working directly on a plasma focus and related lab folk will get a different classification and posting privileges on this forum, and on an additional forum we’ll be setting up for the dpf community.

Also, we have to recruit more of them to this site to have just this type of conversation that you started.

Lerner
    Participant

We are working on the same problem! Hope to get you an answer of what works in a week or so.

In the meantime, is the ground for your instruments separated form the ground for the DPF?

takitook
    Participant

thank you a lot for your reply
    I thought all people ignoring me, because I am new
    The problem became less when I increased the charging voltage ( 13 kV insted of 10 kV)
    I use 2 capacitors of 10 micro farad each.
    and He or Ar gas at pressure of one Torr.
    The trigger is without earth it is floating
    But the main problem now is that the magnetic probe signale is very strange it is like one peak and end with saturation,
    The same shape is present at any charging voltage or pressure for both gases at any distance from the inner electrode.
    May be we need to increase the power, by increasing one capacitor, or I do not know may be there is an error in the design.
    for the trigger it is floating , no earth.
    Best wishes

Phil’s Dad
    Participant

takitook wrote: thank you a lot for your reply

Welcome takitook

No-one is ignored here – it’s just that some questions can only be answered by the very best.
    And because they are the best, they are the busiest.

Keep asking the hard ones 😉

takitook
    Participant

Thank you a lot for your reply
    and best wishes for you all
    Takitook

Aeronaut
    Participant

Phil’s Dad wrote:

thank you a lot for your reply

Welcome takitook

No-one is ignored here – it’s just that some questions can only be answered by the very best.
    And because they are the best, they are the busiest.

Keep asking the hard ones 😉

Thanx for opening this topic, takitook. I’ve been wondering where the line is drawn between a DPF and the FF, and the ability to run engineering programs in parallel with LPP.

takitook
    Participant

I always dreamed with finding a channel to communicate with people working in plasma focus and sharing experiences and problems to learn more things, I did that before by mails , and I learned a lot from that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.