Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

OK, I’m experimenting with some new css for the menu. Got this from the fabulous PureCSSMenu.com

Changing our site to top navigation instead of side navigation.

Check out the test page here.
    Compare it with the standard page.

NOTE: links don’t work, links on test page will take you out of the experiment and back to the current site.

Are you a css/html whiz? See if you can play around with this code (view source) If you change the window size, you’ll see this code wraps around. It’s not a table, not fixed. I’m thinking of splitting this into two lines of navigation. Top line all about focus fusion, and bottom about other issues, like the social issues – Actually, how would you do it? What gets top billing, what gets less billing?

OK. Now to content issues: This gets all the content that the site plans to cover up there in the top row. As you see, we have quite a bit of content.

Also, I really want a new logo. That random purple thing – I don’t even know what it is or where it came from.

Phil’s Dad
    Participant

The test page is much cleaner but why all the empty space on the left?

How about a very simple logo like the attached?

Attached files

Rezwan
    Participant

Phil’s Dad wrote: The test page is much cleaner but why all the empty space on the left?

The “space dividend”. Don’t worry, we’ll find stuff to fill it up with. I kind of like some space to breathe easy.

The logo looks good. You’re a fan of letters, I see.

Phil’s Dad
    Participant

You know me well 😉

I hope we will see lots of logo ideas; maybe even a contest.
    You could use it to try out your ratings software.
    Maybe a free teashirt with the logo on for the winner. :wow:

Rezwan
    Participant

why all the empty space on the left?

Well now. Just had a chance to see the page in explorer. I have firefox myself, and things show up differently sometimes.

Indeed, more empty space on the left than I had thought. Explorer isn’t showing a few images. I wonder why.

Oh well. Coffee by my side. Once more into the breach.

Rezwan
    Participant

FYI, 45.7% of our users are on firefox. 29.3 on explorer. Per google analytics.

Rezwan
    Participant

Phil’s Dad wrote: I hope we will see lots of logo ideas; maybe even a contest.
    You could use it to try out your ratings software.

Not sure how to use the ranking thing for forums, to have the contest here. See https://focusfusion.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/397/ for discussion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.