The Focus Fusion Society Forums Building a Better Focus Fusion Society Member types: Science and Culture

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

It has been noted before that we might need to do something to make this website more usable by the different types of people who use it.

Scientists and hard core techies will have certain expectations of the site, while the “pro fusion culture” campaign has a much different flavor.

It’s easy enough to direct people to what they need. I’ve seen medically themed websites where you identify yourself as “professional” or “patient” or “staff” and get directed to the appropriate start page.

What are the main differences with our target groups? One set knows the science well and wants to jump into the nitty gritty and get access to relevant information.

The other needs to be introduced to fusion in a fun, accessible way. Fusion needs to come down to earth for them.

Breakable
    Keymaster

Maybe FFS website should pose as newbie welcoming comity, where the LLP should be serious business an science part?
    It would also help LLP look more professional in case it was all about science, technology and investing. While in FFS most of us are not scientists anyway.
    Edit:I don’t like the idea of having different start pages on the same website, as it makes it more complex and involves more work – even if not mine.

Brian H
    Participant

Perhaps a prominent subtitle or ToolTip on the LPPX link, “Technical papers, updates, and announcements”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s easy enough to direct people to what they need. I’ve seen medically themed websites where you identify yourself as “professional” or “patient” or “staff” and get directed to the appropriate start page.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.