The Focus Fusion Society Forums Focus Fusion Cafe March 5-9 2007: 7th Symposium on Current Trends in International Fusion Research in DC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DerekShannon
    Participant

I thought people here would appreciate a heads-up on the follow-up conference to the 2005 fusion shin-dig where Eric and Dr. Soto presented back-to-back talks on the DPF, somewhat setting the stage for the current Lawrenceville-CCHEN collaboration. This conference is NOT geared towards the general public, as the presentations are likely to very technical, but folks can judge for themselves whether they would benefit by looking over the 2005 materials. Early registration ($350 vs. $390) ends Valentine’s Day. I haven’t heard back from Eric regarding Lawrenceville’s participation this time around (we might be busy down south, after all), but perhaps he can fill us in here, or I’ll post again when the schedule of 2007 presenters is made public.

The 2005 presentations and “Report from the Review Panel of Scientists and Engineers of the 2005 Symposium” (all available at the above link) are also excellent resources generally.

DerekShannon
    Participant

Just updating to point out that the schedule for the 2007 Symposium has been posted (.pdf file). A fascinating variety of topics, and it looks like Jan Brzosko’s talk will touch on fusion applications of the dense plasma focus, but no Lawrenceville/CCHEN presence this time around as far as I know. This is understandable since the 2-3 year experimental plan just got underway and in this case, actions–and let’s hope the results!–will speak much louder than words.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.