Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

I just got off the phone with Eric. He asked, with much restraint and politeness, how the quarterly newsletter was coming along.

I’m working on it! Really.

Yet I seem to be blocked. And I realize, part of the block is the dearth of a logo. When Eric sends out his LPP newsletters, they have that lovely LPP logo.

The Focus Fusion Society doesn’t have its logo yet.

This has been a partial barrier to the website design. After all, the site should kind of fall around the organization’s logo, in terms of coloring and font and such.

So – I’m going to go with a simple text title for now. But I want all you fine logo designers out there to submit some logos and let’s choose something – pull together our professional look.

Note:
    The newsletter only goes out to financially contributing members of the Focus Fusion Society – become one now!
    Contribute because you want to support, us, though. The posts appear on the website by the next day. It’s not a big elitist discrepancy. Just an organizational issue that benefits paid donors. Takes a little formatting to add the articles to the site. No biggie.

OK! Logos, people! Submit away!

belbear
    Participant

Here is my proposal for an FFS logo..

I borrowed the view from the business end of FF-1, where matter is to be converted to energy.

This circle-in-circles logo could also involve into a logo for focus fusion in general, to be painted one day on power stations, ships, trains…

Attached files

Rezwan
    Participant

Thanks Belbear! It looks great! Dynamic. I feel James Bond might pop out at some point.

belbear
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: Thanks Belbear! It looks great! Dynamic. I feel James Bond might pop out at some point.

You’r welcome. If you like I can send you the Photoshop .psd files and the “Stop” typeface.

Aeronaut
    Participant

Looks great, Belbear!

I’m wondering how it would look with the blue text’s centerline lined up with the FF’s. Partly for flow motion, partly to make it a phallic symbol.

Phil’s Dad
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote: Looks great, Belbear!

I’m wondering how it would look with the blue text’s centerline lined up with the FF’s. Partly for flow motion, partly to make it a phallic symbol.

Sooo don’t go there!

It is a great logo (both versions). Much better than mine. We should run with it. (1 vote)

Rezwan
    Participant

Hmm. Phallic?

OK, are there other designs out there?

Aeronaut
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: Hmm. Phallic?

OK, are there other designs out there?

Symmetrical, if nothing else, once both components share the center line. Didn’t you want to make FF sexy? 😆

Viking Coder
    Participant

I like belbear’s design too, except for the font choice. A simple logo mark is a necessity for branding and this is a good one. The mark can be used widely in place of the name; think about Nike’s swoosh, Apple’s bitten apple, Mastercard’s interlocking circles, etc.

As for inadvertent connotations, Focus Fusion Society is already handicapped. Urban Dictionary: FFS

belbear
    Participant

Viking Coder wrote: I like belbear’s design too, except for the font choice. A simple logo mark is a necessity for branding and this is a good one. The mark can be used widely in place of the name; think about Nike’s swoosh, Apple’s bitten apple, Mastercard’s interlocking circles, etc.

As for inadvertent connotations, Focus Fusion Society is already handicapped. Urban Dictionary: FFS

LOL! Not to mention how many definitions for “FF” there already are!

Phil’s Dad
    Participant

focus fire?

So close.

Rezwan
    Participant

OK, not sure about the white background. Is there a way to make the background grey? Or is it somehow transparent?

Also, the circle with circles is cool. At the same time, I was hoping for an image that captures the plasmoid more than the electrodes.

You know, this thing.

Also, we need a log for the new http://DensePlasmaFocus.org site – specifically for its forums. Something simple, quick. That’s going live in a few short moments. (It’s bad enough I’m behind on FFS site, now, we have another site).

belbear
    Participant

Rezwan wrote: OK, not sure about the white background. Is there a way to make the background grey? Or is it somehow transparent?

Also, the circle with circles is cool. At the same time, I was hoping for an image that captures the plasmoid more than the electrodes.

You know, this thing.

Also, we need a log for the new http://DensePlasmaFocus.org site – specifically for its forums. Something simple, quick. That’s going live in a few short moments. (It’s bad enough I’m behind on FFS site, now, we have another site).

I hope you got the Photoshop files I sent you? In Photoshop you simply use the “layers” to hide the white background layer to get a transparent logo. Or change the color of the layer to have a different one.

The white background is what you need for print (white usually prints nothing…). For web use, a transparent GIF is more appropriate. (See attachment, this is a transparent GIF with web color palette)

If you don’t have Photoshop, I can do that for you. Simply tell me what color (RGB value) and what size you want.

I chose the electrodes instead of the plasmoid because:

-Nobody has seen how a plasmoid looks like. Highspeed pictures can’t show the microsocopic structure and the rest is theory.

-A plasmoid is a rather fuzzy thing, hard to visualize, composed of little mass and a lot of energy.

-The theoretical shape of a magnetized plasmoid is a microscopic torus, same shape as the huge…. tokamaks! (ok, scientists, shoot me if I’m wrong)

-I wanted a simple clear-line 2D logo because that offers the most possibilities, whether it be web, printed, painted, tattoo or chiseled in a block of marble in front of the FFS building. 🙂

-Although a real FF reactor ultimately may have electrodes looking very different than this (Someone here suggested a crown-shape), this is how it started.
    Look at the electronic symbol of a transistor. That resembles a point-contact device. Nobody makes these anymore since the early 1950’s, but that’s how it all started.

If this FFS-symbol sticks, it will always remind of FF-1, because there can only one be the first.

Attached files

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.