Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rezwan
    Participant

Here’s ITER’s latest newsletter. I must look into getting a feed for them. In fact, setting up feeds in general on fusion projects is a good idea.

We are pleased to present the 3 September, 2010 ( #144 ) issue of the ITER Newsline.

The flagpole has gone On Site
    The flagpole that has been marking the future centre of the ITER tokamak ever since the first site clearing works commenced in 2006 has finally been moved aside. The earth and concrete in which it stood over the last four years has gone. These days, huge dump-trucks are removing the top soil, dynamite is taking care of the …

But wait, there’s much more. Newsline #144

Rezwan
    Participant

About ITER v. LPP, a friend notes

I also thought I would include the latest ITER newsletter below, to give a sense of their progress relative to ours–We are moving at lightspeed by comparison, I think ;-D

It would be nice to compare. They have construction – LPP had construction. LPP’s construction went over time and budget – but that just threw things off by a month and an extra 10K or so? Actual stats would be interesting.

Brian H
    Participant

November 2019, when ITER will launch into what Gary Johnson called “the biggest celebration in the history of the project”: First Plasma.

Heh. By that time, ITER will be clearly exposed as a humongous white elephant, sitting on a small island with the connecting causeway washed out. I would expect few governments are likely to be still pouring their billions$$ into it; FF should be well along in providing dirt-cheap power everywhere by 2019! So the celebration will be: ‘First and Last Plasma’!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.