The Focus Fusion Society Forums Building a Better Focus Fusion Society Is the society still functioning?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mariusz
    Participant

I’ve noticed that most of the text on the website is outdated, and there is not much going on in the forums. I would like to volunteer, but it seems like this place is already dead.

Anyone here? πŸ˜‰

Mariusz

Breakable
    Keymaster

Hi Mariusz,
    We get maybe 2 or 3 posts a week on the forums. So it is somewhat alive. Most action happens on the board of directors though.
    PS: We would appreciate any skills. Anything specific you would be interested in? We certainly need someone to work on writing articles.

mariusz
    Participant

Breakable wrote: Hi Mariusz,
    PS: We would appreciate any skills. Anything specific you would be interested in? We certainly need someone to work on writing articles.

Thank you for the answer, Breakable. I will respond to you in the PM .

mariusz
    Participant

mariusz wrote: I will respond to you in the PM .

btw. does the pm feature even works? I’ve sent a msg to you, but my “Sent Folder” is empty πŸ™‚

Mariusz

zapkitty
    Participant

mariusz wrote:

I will respond to you in the PM .

btw. does the pm feature even works? I’ve sent a msg to you, but my “Sent Folder” is empty πŸ™‚

Mariusz

PMs are working, but if you want to save sent messages you have to check a box saying so while composing each message.

Yeah, it’s not a great UI… fortunately we’ll be migrating to a better setup.

mariusz
    Participant

zapkitty wrote:
    PMs are working, but if you want to save sent messages you have to check a box saying so while composing each message.
    Yeah, it’s not a great UI… fortunately we’ll be migrating to a better setup.

Thanks Zapkitty. I will remember to click that checkbox next time.
    Another question – is _this_ part of the website functional, or should I ignore anything that’s there? Most of the articles there are from 2011, and I did not get any membership subscription confirmation. Do you still accept new members? I understand that you now have your hands full with the crowdfunding campaing, so I’m not in a rush.

zapkitty
    Participant

mariusz wrote: Another question – is _this_ part of the website functional

Yes, the older parts of the site are still relevant, and can be helpful, but a hasty setup of a “support LPP’s crowdfunding” front page has caused a lot of minor issues.

Even Eric Lerner has pointed out that the new stuff needed to be better integrated with the existing FFS stuff but there was a lot of excitement about the LPP crowdfund… and this all happened as we migrated to a new web host. Been doing catch-up maintenance since then.

mariusz wrote: I did not get any membership subscription confirmation. Do you still accept new members?

Oh yes, we accept new members, and even previously-owned members πŸ™‚

Ben Ferris (benf) and Ignas Galvelis (Breakable) have been handling membership issues so this should be brought to their attention.

mariusz
    Participant

zapkitty wrote:
    Oh yes, we accept new members, and even previously-owned members πŸ™‚
    Ben Ferris (benf) and Ignas Galvelis (Breakable) have been handling membership issues so this should be brought to their attention.

Thanks, I will be patiently waiting to become a ‘certified pre-owned’ member πŸ™‚

Breakable
    Keymaster

Hi Mariusz,
    Thanks for the donation!
    Unfortunately FFS does not really provide any benefits to dues paying members at the moment.
    I hope will renew the “sending LPP reports earlier program” once we are done with the crowdfunding which means getting the report from LPP a little earlier than it goes to the public.
    Otherwise it would certainly nice to provide some flair on the forums. What do you think Zap? Ben can get you a list of the donors in a csv file if that could be possible.

mariusz
    Participant

Breakable wrote: Thanks for the donation!
    Unfortunately FFS does not really provide any benefits to dues paying members at the moment.

Well, I knew before signing up as a “member” that there are no benefits.. I just want to help, both monetairly and with my time if needed.
    I was waiting for an email confirming that someone recived my payment.. That’s all:)

benf
    Participant

Is the Focus Fusion Society still functioning? An interesting question….

Mariusz thank you for donating and also raising a question. You’re new to this blog, which is great. We want to encourage and cultivate new members and contributors to the society, people who will speak to the issue of fusion energy for a brighter future!

The Focus Fusion Society was created over ten years ago as a nonprofit organization to advocate for the development of fusion energy. It has not been an easy task…however there has been great progress toward achieving the goal.

We have gained many contributors over the years and much of what they have posted or created continues to be relevant, posting information, encouraging networking, executing administrative tasks including the functioning of this website. It has primarily been through the efforts of volunteers.

So you might see older posts here but they have been a part of a process of encouraging the exchange of information and ideas to hopefully allow our mission to move forward.

Right now many of us are engaged in the crowdfunding effort which is blossoming and bearing fruit. It has been consuming our time and energy but it will be a lifeline from the Focus Fusion Society and it’s contributors to help continue the research in Focus Fusion. You’re welcome to participate.

We encourage you to continue contributing in this effort!

Best Regards,
    Ben Ferris

Lerner
    Participant

There are two things you can do as a member of FFS. First, we really need more press coverage for the Indiegogo campaign. Every time there is an article, we get a wave of donations. So see if you can round up a list of local press contacts. Whee are you located? We’ll have a new release out in a few days. Send it to them and then follow up by phone. Also, we want to have local FFS chapters formed. That takes more work-seeting up a local meeting–through Meetup.com for one, giving a presentation, etc.

rashidas
    Participant

Whenever I try to log in to Focus Fusion forums I get a message not to click on the website on my office computer. I get a warning that this website is dangerous and leads to a phishing attack. Can anyone sort through this problem?

zapkitty
    Participant

rashidas wrote: Whenever I try to log in to Focus Fusion forums I get a message not to click on the website on my office computer. I get a warning that this website is dangerous and leads to a phishing attack. Can anyone sort through this problem?

We changed web hosts recently, and found that our new IP address was already blacklisted in some places. It happens. If you could find out which blacklist(s) your office uses I can try to get the blacklist cleared.

A quick check only shows mailpolice.com blacklisting us. I’ll see what I can do about them but there’s no guarantee that they’re the site your office system checks with.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.