Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AaronB
    Participant

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1446/20130418/big-bang-scientists-wrong.htm

“Researchers led by Princeton astrophyscisit Paul Steinhardt noted that the list of possible inflation fields determined by Planck scientists are less likely to occur naturally than others they ruled out, according to Nature.com. Furthermore, Steinhardt and his team point to new research emerging from scientists at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider (LHC) showing that the Higgs field likely started in a high-energy state, rather than in a stable, low-energy one. Steinhardt argues that the odds of the Higgs field starting in such a precarious, metastable state are similar to that of dropping a person out of the sky over the Matterhorn only to find he or she landed in a ‘dimple near the top.'”
    ————————-
    I wonder what the explanation for this will be.

ikanreed
    Participant

AaronB wrote: http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1446/20130418/big-bang-scientists-wrong.htm

“Researchers led by Princeton astrophyscisit Paul Steinhardt noted that the list of possible inflation fields determined by Planck scientists are less likely to occur naturally than others they ruled out, according to Nature.com. Furthermore, Steinhardt and his team point to new research emerging from scientists at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider (LHC) showing that the Higgs field likely started in a high-energy state, rather than in a stable, low-energy one. Steinhardt argues that the odds of the Higgs field starting in such a precarious, metastable state are similar to that of dropping a person out of the sky over the Matterhorn only to find he or she landed in a ‘dimple near the top.'”
    ————————-
    I wonder what the explanation for this will be.

I dunno, it feels off to try and apply probability to the underlying rules of the universe what with the anthropic principle and all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.