Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Aeronaut
    Participant

Brian H wrote: Haven’t you hear of the Kurzweil Singularity? When exponential change goes vertical (to human perception)? This is just another step/lurch towards that ultimately confusing moment.

Of course, the rate of change has been just beyond the outer limits of what the previous generation can tolerate or grasp for a century or two …

No, I hadn’t heard of the concept by that name. Building an organization requires focus which is often indistinguishable from obstinacy. Henry Ford was a classic example. Human nature is the constant amidst any changes that will come down the pike, and that can be planned for in many ways which lead to market awareness and then to market acceptance.

I propose that “Build it and they will come (and buy)” be revised to “Build it, lead them to it, and they will come and buy”. How fast that can be accomplished in our case is purely speculative at this point.

vansig
    Participant

In my opinion, Kurzweil’s Singularity occurred circa 2004.
    Ever since then, just about anything i imagine exists when i search Google for it.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.