Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Aeronaut
    Participant

Brian H wrote:

That thought can be expanded, given our nearly universal market potential, to have individual investors organized at the local level who have a vested interest in seeing pB-11 work, even if it does take 5 or 10 years. And with their contributions being in the $100 to $1,000 range, and possibly tax-deductible, this network can spring up rapidly, sending clear signals from Main Street to Wall Street, and from there to Washington. The idea of as little as $100 sending an enormous signal is salable in it’s own right.

The need for working hardware is a hidden assumption that I’ve challenged in other threads. Today we sell Hope. If all stays on schedule, the world’s going to have one heckuva New Year’s party.

Don’t get too far ahead of yerself, Aero! There are VERY strict SEC limits on what you can do in the way of soliciting investments without being a registered ‘vehicle’ and so on. I suggest you have a wee dialog with Aaron or Eric before you get too far along in such plans. They may well be flat-out illegal at this point.

Point very well taken, Brian. I should clarify that people would be investing in their own community’s ability to rapidly fund confirmation of any aneutronic design that claims to have achieved unity or better. Thus it bets on the horse race rather than any particular horse.

But I will put legal counsel on my near term to-do list. What I think I’m describing is a scaled up Junior Achievement and/or angel network where each local node is registered as a unique privately-owned business.

Aeronaut
    Participant

I’d almost forgotten the Sam’s club membership business model. In this case, membership levels would range from $100 to $1,000 annually with no securities involved.

vansig
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote: I’d almost forgotten the Sam’s club membership business model. In this case, membership levels would range from $100 to $1,000 annually with no securities involved.

so, what are the privileges of membership, then?

Aeronaut
    Participant

vansig wrote:

I’d almost forgotten the Sam’s club membership business model. In this case, membership levels would range from $100 to $1,000 annually with no securities involved.

so, what are the privileges of membership, then?

Big picture benefits come from a network of at least 1,000 communities in the US, pledging around $1G combined to send signals that they believe they can handle education, fusion, and clean energy research challenges quicker, cheaper, and with better odds of success than the 20th century centralized decision making structure has been able to do since NASA was tasked with the lunar missions in 10 years.

I’m teetering on the edge of a flag waving rant :smirk:

Local benefits come from blurring the lines between public and private sectors to pool intellectual capital to reduce time and cost of testing solutions. Again, the national network is where this intellectual capital gets exponentially multiplied in good cases. Those forums would be automatically policed by a $100 cover charge. Some type of meritocracy would need to be designed in from the beginning.

Other local benefits come from employing undergrad students as tutors, blurring the lines between what grade a student is in and when that student has earned various degrees. Happening in the local Center, this would also make rising talent visible to leaders in public and private sectors. Hopefully, within 5 years this is going to be a very happening place in every community, raising reading and math performance without the Feds “helping us out” with standardized testing and “No student left behind” type programs.

The easy way through school will become the longest, and lead to menial labor jobs. The earlier a student begins exploring his or her limits and learns team-building, amplified by the network, and the more that group apply themselves, the shorter their formal schooling, and the bigger the impact they can have on solving a problem.

And when aneutronic designs begin announcing unity, this network and it’s nodes will have at least a 1 year jump on funding and co-coordinating all of the experiments that will be required to prototype the onion.

Onion building in the experimental and production phases is going to depend on developing new tooling to make it economically and QC practical despite the fast track.

1,000 or more of these centers will also request an experimental license from the NRC, who will be able to get more experience in less time than ever before in history.

Politics is automatically dealt with by spreading the pork sandwich spread so thickly and evenly that nobody can vote against it who wants to be re-elected. Since virtually all business owners and boards can gain competitive advantages from cheap, clean energy, very few should be lobbying against.

This type of stark targeting could either neutralize their budget or start a national riot. Welcome to the 21st century, special interest groups.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.