Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maya
    Participant

Does anyone have any idea how one might go about getting a technical due diligence done on something you didn’t do yourself in which the inventor is deceased (but you own the rights)? My lawyer tells me it will cost me tens of thousands to prosecute patents on a controlled thermonuclear fusion reactor my dad “invented”. My dad was a really smart nuclear physicist, so I’m betting it’s viable. But before I invest that I need someone who will sign an NDA to corroborate this (and that I have all the information I need) to do the patent. We’ve tried academia and not a single physicist in the United States seems interested – or more likely they seem scared of NDAs. I would have thought there were technical due diligence services out there but I can’t find any. Any ideas? All I need is a thumbs up or thumbs down, preferably from one, two, maybe three physicists and I would play the wager. Thanks in advance.
    Great forum by the way.

AaronB
    Participant

Hi Maya. I review ideas like this a couple of times per year for investors, family, and friends. NDAs aren’t a problem for me. I’d be happy to look over the technology and let you know whether it seems viable or not. Besides being viable, it has to be marketable. I’ll be brutally honest in my assessment, just so you know, but that doesn’t mean I just look for the bad. I look for the potential also. Applying for and receiving a patent is a long and expensive process, and you have to decide whether the technology is worth it. Just send me a private message if you want.

Maya
    Participant

AaronB wrote: Hi Maya. I review ideas like this a couple of times per year for investors, family, and friends. NDAs aren’t a problem for me. I’d be happy to look over the technology and let you know whether it seems viable or not. Besides being viable, it has to be marketable. I’ll be brutally honest in my assessment, just so you know, but that doesn’t mean I just look for the bad. I look for the potential also. Applying for and receiving a patent is a long and expensive process, and you have to decide whether the technology is worth it. Just send me a private message if you want.

There’s no indication that it was sent, but I just pm’d you. Thanks a lot – mk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.