Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SkipNJ
    Participant

From CNN.com

To help celebrate its 10th birthday, the ambitious Internet giant is launching an initiative to solicit, and bankroll, fresh ideas it believes could have broad and beneficial impact on people’s lives.

Called Project 10^100 (pronounced “10 to the 100th”), Google’s initiative will seek input from the public and a panel of judges in choosing up to five winning ideas, to be announced in February.

The public will vote on ideas and 20 of them will make it to a panel, who will then select which ideas to fund. If the issues raised by skeptics are addressed, regarding Todd Rider’s doctoral thesis and bremsstrahlung radiation, I think Focus Fusion will have a good chance. The projects webpage is at http://www.project10tothe100.com/ Submissions must be made by October 20, 2008

I’d like to see further experiments take place to confirm if Focus Fusion will actually work. Hopefully Eric Lerner or a qualified associate will make a submission, if their idea is selected they will recieve at least $2 million in funding.

Brian H
    Participant

SkipNJ wrote: From CNN.com

To help celebrate its 10th birthday, the ambitious Internet giant is launching an initiative to solicit, and bankroll, fresh ideas it believes could have broad and beneficial impact on people’s lives.

Called Project 10^100 (pronounced “10 to the 100th”), Google’s initiative will seek input from the public and a panel of judges in choosing up to five winning ideas, to be announced in February.

The public will vote on ideas and 20 of them will make it to a panel, who will then select which ideas to fund. If the issues raised by skeptics are addressed, regarding Todd Rider’s doctoral thesis and bremsstrahlung radiation, I think Focus Fusion will have a good chance. The projects webpage is at http://www.project10tothe100.com/ Submissions must be made by October 20, 2008

I’d like to see further experiments take place to confirm if Focus Fusion will actually work. Hopefully Eric Lerner or a qualified associate will make a submission, if their idea is selected they will recieve at least $2 million in funding.

They have their research funding already, and can’t use the funding for engineering until they’ve got a proven process to begin work on. And the engineering design etc. would cost more than that. And Google is not to be trusted.

Aeronaut
    Participant

Awww, all Google wants is to catalog and control mankind’s knowledge, and through that communications. For openers. Orwell’s rolling in his grave, I’m sure.

SkipNJ
    Participant

I posted this 7 months ago, before FF announced any funding. Nice to see they are making some progress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.