The Focus Fusion Society Forums Lawrenceville Plasma Physics Experiment (LPPX) Focus Fusion in the New York Times? Well, not exactly, but perhaps

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Brian H
    Participant

Dr_Barnowl wrote:

cub scout to a candy store

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar? 🙂

Ah, like giving candy to a baby? Analogies are tricky; this one sounds easy but unwise!! 😛

Aeronaut
    Participant

I was thinking the Cub Scouts were more universal. I’ll replace cub scout with 7 year old boy. Somebody who wants to go to the candy store but simply can’t stay still for 5 or 10 minutes. 😆

Dr_Barnowl
    Participant

Heh, it’s “like taking candy from a baby” ; something that’s easy (but probably not very nice). Usually attributed to stereotypical villains in comic books!

The “cub scouts” are a boys club ; leading boys to a candy store is easy because the contents are so appealing. The analogy is that FF is so appealing compared to Big Fusion, for all the reasons we’re familiar with.

Giving candy to a baby? You’d be fought off by paranoid mothers afraid that it contains LSD or warfarin…

Aeronaut
    Participant

Dr_Barnowl wrote: Heh, it’s “like taking candy from a baby” ; something that’s easy (but probably not very nice). Usually attributed to stereotypical villains in comic books!

The “cub scouts” are a boys club ; leading boys to a candy store is easy because the contents are so appealing. The analogy is that FF is so appealing compared to Big Fusion, for all the reasons we’re familiar with.

Giving candy to a baby? You’d be fought off by paranoid mothers afraid that it contains LSD or warfarin…

You almost have it, Doc. FF isn’t fighting the plasma’s natural tendencies like our competitors are. I have what I think is an easier to grasp page all the way through.

My main question at this point is if the calls to action are crystal clear and compelling to the average person, since the copy is slanted heavily to inducing corporate greed.

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote:

Heh, it’s “like taking candy from a baby” ; something that’s easy (but probably not very nice). Usually attributed to stereotypical villains in comic books!

You almost have it, Doc. FF isn’t fighting the plasma’s natural tendencies like our competitors are. I have what I think is an easier to grasp page all the way through.

My main question at this point is if the calls to action are crystal clear and compelling to the average person, since the copy is slanted heavily to inducing corporate greed.
    Dr. B.;
    yeah, that’s partly why I invented the cliché. :cheese:
    But also to express how hard it would be to force people to accept cheap-cheap-cheap power. :coolmad:

Aeronaut
    Participant

Brian H wrote:
    Dr. B.;
    But also to express how hard it would be to force people to accept cheap-cheap-cheap power. :coolmad:

I believe the single biggest challenge is getting people to believe that fusion can even be done, given the governments’ brainwashing over the decades, and now in the search engines.

Might be easier for many to imagine free heat and electricity in their apartment. That could also flip over to apartment owners seeing a competitive advantage by offering those for ‘free’. Especially in places like NYC or London.

Some of the less competitive keywords I was finally able to dig up revolve around Combined Heat and Power, and they were dominated by European companies using natural gas.

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote:

Dr. B.;

I believe the single biggest challenge is getting people to believe that fusion can even be done, given the governments’ brainwashing over the decades, and now in the search engines.

Might be easier for many to imagine free heat and electricity in their apartment. That could also flip over to apartment owners seeing a competitive advantage by offering those for ‘free’. Especially in places like NYC or London.

Some of the less competitive keywords I was finally able to dig up revolve around Combined Heat and Power, and they were dominated by European companies using natural gas.

Yeah, good idea for the apartment owners, but … here in Beyootiful B. C., Canada, there’s already a problem with tenants stripping apartments and turning them into “grow-ops” with hi-power lights for pot plants! With “free power” that would be just asking for it. (Lots of those places burn down when amateur wiring goes blooey.)

Aeronaut
    Participant

I don’t think we’ll have to ‘force’ people to accept ultra-cheap power. The single biggest challenge is getting most people to realize that it may be possible this year instead of 2050 ish. If then.

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote: I don’t think we’ll have to ‘force’ people to accept ultra-cheap power. The single biggest challenge is getting most people to realize that it may be possible this year instead of 2050 ish. If then.

Irony. Humour. Exaggeration. Hyperbole.
    All wasted. Pearls before swine. I’m dealing with clods, I tell you, dunderheads and clods! :-S ;-( :down:

Aeronaut
    Participant

Brian H wrote:

I don’t think we’ll have to ‘force’ people to accept ultra-cheap power. The single biggest challenge is getting most people to realize that it may be possible this year instead of 2050 ish. If then.

All wasted. Pearls before swine. I’m dealing with clods, I tell you, dunderheads and clods! :-S ;-( :down:

“Seeing” is believing. Any ideas how to get FF-2 into a movie?

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote:

“Seeing” is believing. Any ideas how to get FF-2 into a movie?

“The Re-Invention of Fire” “Beyond Prometheus” “Power to the People!” “FoFu U, 2!”
    Etc.

Aeronaut
    Participant

I just updated the headline block and eliminated the confusing bullet points and calls to action. No serious investor (or wannabe) should be able to resist the extremely visible Risk/Reward Analysis cta link. The page it links to should be up tonight, and the supporting graphic tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.