Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Breakable
    Keymaster

Hi Guys and Gals,
    As you might know we have crow-funding coming up really soon. One of the marketing strategies will be tweeting on our channels to attract more people for volunteering and contributions.
    If you have some interesting things to share or something to highlight about Fusion then this is be best opportunity there will be.

Breakable
    Keymaster

Personally I really like the space connection. Lifting things up costs energy. So to make it upbeat I would probably say:
    Fusion can enable the space exploration stage of our Civilization!

Breakable
    Keymaster

Popular quotes work as well:
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.

Margaret Mead

nakile
    Participant

This is tough. Whatever all of you end up doing, I think it should be more grounded in science. Outside of the focus fusion social circle people are very skeptical of DPF research (including me).

What I would do is just aim at basic fusion education for now. People still don’t know a lot about basic nuclear physics. The plus here is that some of these facts could bleed over and help other fusion efforts too. Things like density of the fuels, resource use, waste products, pollution, and fuel reserves. One for density and resource use could be:

“[em]Less pollution and mining: The US consumes 19.6m barrels of oil per day. X barrels of decaborane could generate the same amount of energy in a FF reactor[/em].”

I imagine that X number would likely be under 20. I don’t know the math so somebody will have to fill it in. But going from 19,600,000 of something down to under 20 would be a big change in terms of resource use and mining alone.

You can also do this coal, which would actually be a better comparison since coal is almost used exclusively for electrical production like a fusion reactor would.

“[em]Less pollution and mining: The US consumes 21,500 railcars of coal per day. X railcars of decaborane could generate the same amount of energy in a FF reactor.[/em]”

Since a lot of the concern over coal use is global, I imagine the global coal consumption per day numbers would be even more interesting.

Breakable
    Keymaster

Thanks Nakile for being the first to comment. Certainly it is a challenge to be precise, educative and promotional. We cannot tell the whole story in a few words, what we can do is make people think and get interested.

Here is one meme in the space theme (edit, fixed a typo):

View post on imgur.com

Francisl
    Participant

The power to change your life.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.