The Focus Fusion Society Forums Noise, ZPE, AGW (capped*) etc. Eric Lerner's LENR theory

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ivy Matt
    Participant

I’ve gotten used to seeing photographs of Farnsworth fusors in star mode used to illustrate “cold fusion” on certain (particularly Italian) websites, but I still occasionally run across things that make me go “What the heck?” The title is fairly self-explanatory. The link is here:

http://gateway.djbarney.org/sites/default/files/ECAT_High_Tech.pdf

See slide 24. For those who are too impatient, here is the relevant text:

LENR Theories

• Eric Lerner, Plasmons, Bor → Helium

I figure “Bor” is boron, but I can’t say for sure where the plasmons came from. Dense, focused plasmons, perhaps? 😉 Surely something got mangled somewhere.

DerekShannon
    Participant

:bug:

oy vey

zapkitty
    Participant

Hey, hey… I’m sure that 2 million amps at 45 thousand volts with temperatures exceeding several billion degrees is low energy in comparison to something… somewhere…

… but when did Lerner-hakase start writing KDE desktop applets?

ikanreed
    Participant

zapkitty wrote: Hey, hey… I’m sure that 2 million amps at 45 thousand volts with temperatures exceeding several billion degrees is low energy in comparison to something… somewhere…

… but when did Lerner-hakase start writing KDE desktop applets?

I don’t really think it’s charming to attach Japanese specific supplications to American names while speaking in English. It’s actually really off-putting.
    And, yes, that’s low energy compared to the LHC beam, which tops out in the single digit trillions. It still sounds like the category of things we call “High Energy Physics” though.

DerekShannon
    Participant

I think it’s a decent compromise between Eric and “Mr. Lerner” ;-D

vansig
    Participant

say, I just noticed that LENR and LERNER use the same letters!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.