The Focus Fusion Society Forums Focus Fusion Cafe DPF as an astronomical mass modifier

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    4dpf
    Participant

According to Electric Universe theory, charge affects mass on an astronomical level (www.thunderbolts.info archives). Is also implied by Halton Arp’s papers on Quasars.

According to Dpf on this website a decaying plasmoid, a result of the pinch, finally destroys itself by evacuating its mass in two opposite directional beams. Electrons go one way. Ions go the other.

So a Dpf machine could be used to convert a fuel into a net and nearly unlimited ASTRONOMICAL electric charge on a body. (No Van Degraff or any other generator so far could do this.) We let one beam radiate into space but capture the other beam, magnetically.

The way I read it, a body with a ‘HIGH’ net charge has either a lot of ‘mass’ or very little depending on plus or minus sign. (Mainstream says Saturn’s mass is so low it would float in water.)

So, getting practical, use this to adjust the mass of a spaceship, or of a near-Earth intersecting asteroid / comet to nearly ZERO. Then apply thrust.

Breakable
    Keymaster

I am not a physicist, but would that not imply you can create negative mass?

Phil’s Dad
    Participant

4dpf wrote:

So, getting practical, use this to adjust the mass of a spaceship, or of a near-Earth intersecting asteroid / comet to nearly ZERO. Then apply thrust.

Way out side my box but I am thinking; with the amount of energy you would need to reduce the mass to zero in this way you may as well just apply it as thrust in the first place. What do those who know think? :smirk:

Lerner
    Participant

A DPF in space will not become charged. For the ion beam to be expelled, it would have to be deliberately neutralized by picking up electrons on its way out. Other wise a huge space charge will rapidly accumulate onthe spacecraft and the ions will just be attracted back to that charge. Alternativley, you might have a design where the electron beam is expelled as well, but agian no net charge will accumulate. Sorry, guys.

4dpf
    Participant

Some questions are raised on this idea of astronomical charging via the decay of the plasmoid.

It has been said that a DPF will not assume a net charge. I see a machine / body that has a DPF as a component that can assume a vast net charge. A charge so vast that it will change the MASS of the body down to near nothing, hence no inertia. At the same time, it will alter the MATTER of the body only to a very SLIGHT degree (note that mass is not matter). This is an electric charge modification. There is no negative matter involved (and is there any?).

[ If you are not aware of Electric Universe theory and observations (www.thunderbolts.info) this is a big pill to swallow. (I will not make EU arguments in detail, read Wallace Thornhill’s papers on that at http://www.holoscience.com. See the ‘Electric Gravity’ paper especially but also the Temple 1 ‘Deep Impact’ Nasa comet impact experiment which
    proves comets, even though they seem to be made of fluff (by orbital mechanics mass calculations), in fact are solid, rocky, asteroid-like bodies that stopped Nasa’s bullet COLD and with a huge flash, as opposed to passing though it like a bullet thru marshmallow .) Mass and matter. EU says that matter refers to the number of atoms in a body. But that mass, as we test via gravity and inertia, is affected by the net electric charge on a body. EU says that comets and ‘gas giants’ have more matter than mainstream science thinks. WAY more. ]

Back to charging. Here’s how. Use a linear accelerator, like Stanford U’s SLAC. DPF provides the input beam. The linear accelerator boosts the input particles speed to essentially lightspeed in a confined beam and it exits our machine / body out away into space forever no matter what charge is on our body. We can eject either electrons or positive ions at our choice. Eject positive ions and our body / spaceship gains negative charge and loses mass / inertia, for instance. Then light the engine (Vasimir? http://www.adastrarocket.com/aarc/) !

FOR DPF !

Aeronaut
    Participant

I think the first thing to remember about the DPF is that it’s a pulsed device with a very short duty cycle. This makes it very good at delivering energy impulses. But Nature keeps precise books, so that longish period between pulses is where I’d expect the space charge from an individual pulse to dissipate (neutralize the ship’s charge to conserve energy).

In an earth-bound machine, I can see magnetic pulses happening fast enough to reduce the apparent weight of the machine, if not actually levitate it. But mass wouldn’t change, and the weight of the fuel consumed in a day won’t be noticeable on even a 10 ton machine.

I have a hunch that the Higgs Bosun and related particles (if they exist and are found) can get you closer to where you’re heading. Good luck- low mass asteroids would be a boon to space travel. Turn the carcass left by the miners into a ship using relatively little new material for the size…

Phil’s Dad
    Participant

Any sign of FF1 levitating? 😆

Aeronaut
    Participant

Phil’s Dad wrote: Any sign of FF1 levitating? 😆

Doesn’t look like it was designed to. Maybe FFn will be. :coolsmile:

4dpf
    Participant

LPP’s local DPF will not assume a net charge for reason as described by screen-name: Administrator.

Humorous levitation referred to will not happen due to no net charge as described by Administrator.

It takes astronomical net charge to modify apparent ‘mass’ and inertia, like as we see in comets and ‘gas giants’.

As to reference to Higgs particle that ‘confers mass’: current EU predicts there is no such particle and LHC will find none. EU says mass is an electrical effect. See EU Ralph Sansbury theory. Even if this turns out to be wrong, mass, by cometary observations, is still a variable not a constant.

Aeronaut
    Participant

4dpf:

I can see you’re dead serious about this, but lighten up, some, ok?

With all the magnetic fields running around in a DPF to tap, and with frequencies of 1kHz or higher, I’m sure a FF could be designed to operate like an industrial lift truck over a steel floor and/or under a steel ceiling. Go sell one of these cranes and I’ll design it for you.

Also, you show me proof (preferrably in a circuit formula) that mass is a variable, especially an electrically influenced one, and I’ll do handsprings for a month or two. But like both sides in the carbon wars, the friendly folks at CERN can talk all they want. I’m busy with bringing the near future into the world’s focal point.

Brian H
    Participant

If you squirt positive ions far, far, away, the electrons are left behind. Everything would become charged, and would assume a maximal dispersion pattern within the spacecraft. If the charge was large enough, it would all fly apart by repulsion.

Electrons don’t like each other very much. ;-P

Speaking of CERN, didja hear they’re likely to make strangelets and annihilate the local cosmos? :grrr:

Aeronaut
    Participant

Brian H wrote: If you squirt positive ions far, far, away, the electrons are left behind. Everything would become charged, and would assume a maximal dispersion pattern within the spacecraft. If the charge was large enough, it would all fly apart by repulsion.

Electrons don’t like each other very much. ;-P

Speaking of CERN, didja hear they’re likely to make strangelets and annihilate the local cosmos? :grrr:

I heard they’re doing the Christopher Columbus thing…

Phil’s Dad
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote:

‘cept this time if they fall off the edge they take us all with them :gulp:

Aeronaut
    Participant

Phil’s Dad wrote:

I wonder what the precise meaning of local is in that context? nm? cm? km?

Brian H
    Participant

Aeronaut wrote:

I wonder what the precise meaning of local is in that context? nm? cm? km?
    Several thousand parsecs, prob’ly! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.